Any good rebound stories so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

winthug

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, this is my second time applying after getting interviewed, waitlisted, and rejected from 5 good schools last year (2005-06). I improved my MCAT, got my EMT License, bartended for a few months, got hired by Kaplan, and will work as an ED Tech soon. I was concerned about how late I applied (after my August MCAT) but my improvement seems to have payed off. As of now, I have 8 interviews (2x more than the same date last year) and just finished my first interview at Ohio State. I REALLY want to go there and be a Buckeye! Also, this process is getting extremely expensive and I'm ready to just accept a school and cancel most of my other interviews. I'm really happy about my current progress but I just hope I get an acceptance and don't screw up like last year. Any other stories?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, this is my second time applying after getting interviewed, waitlisted, and rejected from 5 good schools last year (2005-06). I improved my MCAT, got my EMT License, bartended for a few months, got hired by Kaplan, and will work as an ED Tech soon. I was concerned about how late I applied (after my August MCAT) but my improvement seems to have payed off. As of now, I have 8 interviews (2x more than the same date last year) and just finished my first interview at Ohio State. I REALLY want to go there and be a Buckeye! Also, this process is getting extremely expensive and I'm ready to just accept a school and cancel most of my other interviews. I'm really happy about my current progress but I just hope I get an acceptance and don't screw up like last year. Any other stories?
Congrats on having such a great interview season and good luck! :)

Congrats on all of the interviews Winthug!!!!

I guess as of this weekend I've officially become a reapplication success story....

I applied in 2004 and 2005 - directly after undergrad and then one year later. I got one interview (then waitlisted and rejected) in 2004 and nothing in 2005. I then went to BU and got my masters in medicine (finished my classwork this past spring and now writing my thesis) and this is my third application cycle. Low and behold - I got accepted at one of my top two choices yesterday (two places are tied in my mind as my top choices... and still waiting to hear back post-interview from the other one) So to any other reapplicants - it is possible to get in on the third try! Hang in there!!! :)