Any current ETSU students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmGirl87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted at ETSU and I have a few questions about the program. How are classes scheduled? All day Monday-Friday? Do you feel like the program is organized? Are the faculty and staff helpful? Do you have time to work? If so, is it easy to find a job in Johnson City? Any suggestions on apartments? Thanks!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am a P2 at ETSU now. Congrats on being accepted! Classes are usually Monday to Friday. Our third semester we had Fridays off but our schedule has been different than the other class because of our compressed schedule. The faculty are excellent! They go out of their way to help students and are always available for questions. As far as organization, I think it is good. I know that being part of the first class is a learning process, but we are working with the faculty by giving suggestions to work out the kinks for future classes. I work now but I didn't start working during school till my second year. I think if you can work and go to school, it can be done. Several people in our class work but some waited until the second year to get a feel for the class load. Also, living in the Tri-Cities gives plenty of options for pharmacy sites to work. If anything, there is a Walgreens around every corner and they are always looking for interns. Unfortunately I am not the person to ask about apartments. I moved here from out of state and I am still learning the area. However, there are plenty of apartments in the area around the school and in the surrounding cities, so I don't think it will be hard to find a place. If you have any other questions I will be glad to help! Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey congratulations..

I am a P1 at ETSU currently. Our classes are usually 8am-12/1pm M-F, a compounding lab either M or F 1-5pm, and have an IPPE either T or W afternoon for 4hrs. During the first semester we had an afternoon class from 3-5pm Tuesdays and Thursdays. There are test periods twice a week from 8-10am so you don't have 3 tests on the same day. I am not sure how classes will be scheduled when the new building is done.

I think the program is well organized, a big thanks to the P2's, and the faculty are great! They really go out of their way to work with us. We do evaluations a LOT for every professor. And they have made many mid course changes based on those. The Dean is also great, he really makes sure to keep us in the lope about all the ongoings with the school (accreditation, building construction ect).

I work about 10-15hrs a week. Usually 2-3 days a week, and it really hasn't been a problem. They pharmacy is great about working with my schedule and know school comes first.

There are apartments all over the place in JC. My only suggestion would be to come and look around early because most of them start waiting lists in july/august. I live in Evergreen Terrace with a friend of mine, its like 2min from campus.

Thanks Mr. C! I didn't realize exams were scheduled that way. That's really nice.

I'm a pharm student out of state in North Carolina but we kept our house in JC. It is 3.4 miles from ETSU. I posted an ad for it in the housing wanted classified section if you are interested, check that out or PM me. It will likely be for rent soon (probably end of summer, maybe sooner). It's a sweet deal for someone. I miss my house and my backyard :(

Would be awesome to have a responsible Pharm (or Med or PT or Aud or Nursing, etc) student in there. The guy living there now stopped paying the rent :laugh:

Here's a link for the ad: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=523493