Any Acceptance letters from UT Austin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
chantelle said:
Does this mean that they have made all the decisions....I interviewed in Feb and havent heard anything....am very worried....also i am international student applying to UT for the third year !....Hopefully this year things will work out.

No, this is just another round of decisions being sent out. I believe final decisions will be sent out sometime in May. So don't give up hope!

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted!

My interview was on April 4th

Good luck everyone else who applied!

Members don't see this ad :)
Jonno1288 said:
I got accepted!

My interview was on April 2nd

Good luck everyone else who applied!

Congrats Congrats!!! I was there the same day too! :thumbup: I'll see you in the Fall ! :thumbup:

Good luck to everyone!

Has anyone from the last round of interviews heard back from UT? (I know, i know, the majority of people will find out in May) I guess it takes it awhile to grade all those essays. :)

Gig'Em Aggies :thumbup:

c/o 89 A&M... never lost to texas.. :smuggrin:
c/o 95 USC... In the Orange Bowl, USC scored 1 more point on the Sooners than the longhorns did in the past 5 years in the Red River Shoot outs.. :smuggrin:

ZpackSux said:
Gig'Em Aggies :thumbup:

c/o 89 A&M... never lost to texas.. :smuggrin:
c/o 95 USC... In the Orange Bowl, USC scored 1 more point on the Sooners than the longhorns did in the past 5 years in the Red River Shoot outs.. :smuggrin:

and I should care because?????

utpharmdude said:
Go Longhorns!

Who sez "Go Longhorns?"... thought it was hook'em horns... will u get it right? :smuggrin: :horns:

ZpackSux said:
Who sez "Go Longhorns?"... thought it was hook'em horns... will u get it right? :smuggrin: :horns:

I don't understand aggies sometimes. All they talk about is how much they loathe longhorns and yet, how many aggies apply to THE University of Texas at Austin? A lot. I wonder why? Because their university can't even put out a decent College of Pharmacy. They have people apply, and think that they can launch a reputable COP in one year? Gimme a break. They had to tell all of their applicants that its not going to be another year or two until the program gets off of the ground. Ok, back to atm. Another thing that I hate about aggies is that awful bumper sticker that says Texas Aggies? Are ya'll embarrassed of the a&m or something?
Did you apply and not get in, son? I'm really sorry about that. That's probably one of the reasons why you're so bitter. It's ok though, I'm sure you can find a great job with your ag sci degree.

Longhorns = 2005 Rose Bowl Champs.

nomoreaggies said:
I don't understand aggies sometimes. All they talk about is how much they loathe longhorns and yet, how many aggies apply to THE University of Texas at Austin? A lot. I wonder why? Because their university can't even put out a decent College of Pharmacy. They have people apply, and think that they can launch a reputable COP in one year? Gimme a break. They had to tell all of their applicants that its not going to be another year or two until the program gets off of the ground. Ok, back to atm. Another thing that I hate about aggies is that awful bumper sticker that says Texas Aggies? Are ya'll embarrassed of the a&m or something?
Did you apply and not get in, son? I'm really sorry about that. That's probably one of the reasons why you're so bitter. It's ok though, I'm sure you can find a great job with your ag sci degree.

Longhorns = 2005 Rose Bowl Champs.

LOL.. hmm... got up on the wrong side of the bed?

I don't hate ut. I got into both ut & A&M out of HS in 1985. ut is a great school. And..I didn't even apply to ut..out of college.. didn't have a PharmD program back then...

But I do have 3 pharmacists on my staff who are longhorns.. and went to ut rx school.. I guess it's true..what do you call an Aggie you work with. Your Boss :smuggrin:

btw, I went to SC... who just thrashed OU.. something Mack Brown hasn't learned to do.. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
btw... I would have no prob sending my kids to ut. It would make for a great family rivalry. :thumbup:

We could all learn how to have a "friendly rivalry." :clap:

Go coogs! BTW, cougars have longhorns for lunch. :D

Has anyone who has not recieved an interview recieved a letter from UT telling them that they have been denied admission? I have not interviewed and was told that i should expect a letter stating their desicion one way or another.

shiver82 said:
Has anyone who has not recieved an interview recieved a letter from UT telling them that they have been denied admission? I have not interviewed and was told that i should expect a letter stating their desicion one way or another.

yeah i just got a rejection letter today. I knew it was coming since I never had an interview...gonna reaply :mad:

Hello, everybody, I just got the acceptance letter from UT today, I finally get in! But now I'm having this decision to make, I really wanna stay with my husband before he could find a job at Austin next year. So does anybody know whether I can postpone my admission to Fall 2006? Thanks!

congratulations :thumbup: a few of my friends just heard from UT also today.

Does anyone know if any re-applicants who were not required to interview this year have heard back from UT yet?
I'm still waiting.

Laredo315 said:
Hello, everybody, I just got the acceptance letter from UT today, I finally get in! But now I'm having this decision to make, I really wanna stay with my husband before he could find a job at Austin next year. So does anybody know whether I can postpone my admission to Fall 2006? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that someone from this message board deferred her admission last year. It doesn't hurt to ask!

Shanana said:
Does anyone know if any re-applicants who were not required to interview this year have heard back from UT yet?
I'm still waiting.

I got the same letter. They said they will make their final decision on May 24

Shanana said:
I'm still waiting.

They make decisions about reapplicants with the rest of the pool of the applicants... today (the 2nd) is the last admissions meeting for this cycle... good luck

My source told me since their last meeting, they have accepted 105 students so far... meaning that there's about 20 spots left... for people they are going to wait on for Spring grades... those that got accepted should be getting their letters out soon... good luck!

UTPharmDoc said:
My source told me since their last meeting, they have accepted 105 students so far... meaning that there's about 20 spots left... for people they are going to wait on for Spring grades... those that got accepted should be getting their letters out soon... good luck!

wow jimmy...you know more about what's going on than I do. excited about next year? i know you are.....

good luck everyone!

I'm a little worried about my spring grades, but I don't know if they count or not. I have not received a letter stating that they are waiting on my grades, so does that mean that they don't matter? My interview was on April 18th and I haven't received anything yet. Somebody stated earlier that the last meeting for the committee is on May 24th. If this is the case, would they still look at your spring grades? Also, someone said they will be accepting only 20 more students. Are those spots saved for people they sent the letters out for spring grades or are they for all the applicants? A fast response would be greatly appreciated since I have to study for this class really really soon. Thanks.

Got Em said:
I'm a little worried about my spring grades, but I don't know if they count or not. I have not received a letter stating that they are waiting on my grades, so does that mean that they don't matter? My interview was on April 18th and I haven't received anything yet. Somebody stated earlier that the last meeting for the committee is on May 24th. If this is the case, would they still look at your spring grades? Also, someone said they will be accepting only 20 more students. Are those spots saved for people they sent the letters out for spring grades or are they for all the applicants? A fast response would be greatly appreciated since I have to study for this class really really soon. Thanks.

There's 3 different letters they send out... the first is that you are accepted as long as you pass you classes... the second is the rejection letter (they have been sending those out too) and the last is the letter they say that they have not made a final decision yet... so they will look at your springs grades to make a final decision. You still try to do your best just in case, good luck on your test!

UTPharmDoc said:
There's 3 different letters they send out... the first is that you are accepted as long as you pass you classes... the second is the rejection letter (they have been sending those out too) and the last is the letter they say that they have not made a final decision yet... so they will look at your springs grades to make a final decision. You still try to do your best just in case, good luck on your test!

I interviewed at UT on april 16th and haven't heard anything yet but I guess I should be hearing back soon. I was just wondering, the people who get the letters that say that the adcom will wait till their spring grades before making a decision, would they be the ones missing a lot of prerequisites?? Because if you have all of the prereqs or at least most of them completed, why would they wait for your spring grades? Just curious! :)

pharmD131 said:
I interviewed at UT on april 16th and haven't heard anything yet but I guess I should be hearing back soon. I was just wondering, the people who get the letters that say that the adcom will wait till their spring grades before making a decision, would they be the ones missing a lot of prerequisites?? Because if you have all of the prereqs or at least most of them completed, why would they wait for your spring grades? Just curious! :)

Maybe if you didn't do so well on your pre-reqs, they might want to see how you're doing in your upper division courses, considering you're taking them.

UTPharmDoc said:

Hi all. I have some great news from a source that shall remain annonymous. The letters are being sent out as we speak so everyone should be receiving :) letters in the next few days or Monday! Look forward on meeting everyone during orientation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :) :oops: :D :rolleyes: :thumbup:

For those people who interviewed last year and then got a letter that they wouldn't need to interview again because the info is already on file...

Would you please let us know what ends up happening? I think there will be a few of us in that boat next year... it would be nice to know how it turned out for someone else.

its that time again, *bump* from what i heard, letters are out n runnin so go grab them congrats to all! look forward to meeting all of ya in the fall, until then, enjoy ya's summer! :thumbup: UT COP C/O 2009 REPRESENT! :thumbup: :cool: good luck with finals

txpharmdstud said:
Hi all. I have some great news from a source that shall remain annonymous. The letters are being sent out as we speak so everyone should be receiving :) letters in the next few days or Monday! Look forward on meeting everyone during orientation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :) :oops: :D :rolleyes: :thumbup:

Got my letter today. I'm in! Haven't posted before today but have been watching the forum for quite sometime. Thanks to everyone for the great advice and tips. :thumbup:

utexas1 said:
Got my letter today. I'm in! Haven't posted before today but have been watching the forum for quite sometime. Thanks to everyone for the great advice and tips. :thumbup:

Guess what? Unbelievable! After reading this forum, I just out of the blue decided to check my mail and.......drum roll.......... I'M IN ALSO!!!!!! Feels good after all this hard work. I'm a reapplicant and interviewed late April (I did not get an interview last year) so I'm extremely excited. I just wanted to reiterate what utexas said - thanks for all the help and advice. I'm so glad that you guys are going to be my classmates and colleagues.

I'm also glad to become a longhorn! I don't live too far (Georgetown, TX to be exact) but will be moving in late July, how about everyone else? Where is everyone living? :laugh: :love: :luck: Peace.

drpharmerUT said:
Guess what? Unbelievable! After reading this forum, I just out of the blue decided to check my mail and.......drum roll.......... I'M IN ALSO!!!!!! Feels good after all this hard work. I'm a reapplicant and interviewed late April (I did not get an interview last year) so I'm extremely excited. I just wanted to reiterate what utexas said - thanks for all the help and advice. I'm so glad that you guys are going to be my classmates and colleagues.

I'm also glad to become a longhorn! I don't live too far (Georgetown, TX to be exact) but will be moving in late July, how about everyone else? Where is everyone living? :laugh: :love: :luck: Peace.

awesome drpharmerUT!!!!! congrats!!!!! i was also a reapplicant (found out i got in awhile back) :thumbup: UT is great, you will absolutely love it! i look forward to meeting you in the fall! till then, have a great summer :thumbup: alrite future Rx longhorns, keep posting! :cool:

drpharmerUT said:

Congrats drpharmerUT! I have been at UT for two years. Moving to Century Square apartments after finals.

wow! :thumbup: congratulations everyone! a few of my pre-pharm friends just heard also. we're celebrating tonight! here's to the class of 09! if anyone is in the Houston area tonight, hit me up. I'll be celebrating with my austin buddies next week so austin pharmers, if you want to celebrate also hit me up next week.

what are all my future-longhorn pharmers doing over the break before classes start up?

anyone else here from UT about admissions? this thread has been quiet for awhile...i guess most if not all letters are out already.

regarding orientation, does anyone know if there is there a white coat ceremony?

enjoy the summer!

drpharmerUT said:
what are all my future-longhorn pharmers doing over the break before classes start up?

anyone else here from UT about admissions? this thread has been quiet for awhile...i guess most if not all letters are out already.

regarding orientation, does anyone know if there is there a white coat ceremony?

enjoy the summer!

I am staying in Austin, working at the Walgreen's off of Lamar and Airport and taking a class second summer session.

chillin, maxin, relaxin

I just finished my 1st year at UT AUSTIN COP. All I can say is enjoy this summer before school starts. You'll probably have some time to have fun 1st semester but 2nd semester is going to be 2-3x harder. But other than that, I look forward to meeting everyone during orientation!

This summer I'll be interning at your neighborhood pharmacy..."the pharmacy ppl trusts" :thumbup: just to see how retail is but I'm planning on going into hospital.

Let me know if ya'll have any questions...have heard some good things about the new incoming class.

this thread has been neglected.. so here I am movin it back to the top... :thumbup:

Anyone know when the final letters will be out?

according some sources, all letters are being printed and should be sent out at the latest tomorrow. So everyone should get them by Monday or Tuesday. GOOD LUCK! :thumbup:

txpharmdstud said:
according some sources, all letters are being printed and should be sent out at the latest tomorrow. So everyone should get them by Monday or Tuesday. GOOD LUCK! :thumbup:
Rejections will be sent the a few days thereafter.

utexas1 said:
I am staying in Austin, working at the Walgreen's off of Lamar and Airport and taking a class second summer session.

Just wanted to congratulate everyone that have just been accepted :D See you August :thumbup:

I just found out that I was accepted also!

I'm on the waiting list for UT this year...
Has anyone on this board heard about anyone planning to withdraw admission?