Any acceptance from UTAustin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IM DONE WITH FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHH!!!!!!!!!! :) what a year.

Members don't see this ad.

utpharmdude said:
IM DONE WITH FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHH!!!!!!!!!! :) what a year.

how did it go? i have so many questions about pharm school but i guess i will have to wait til i get there. though i do have a couple? where do most pharm students live? i am looking for places right now. does everyone pretty much take the bus? thanks! :D

Girl_Digital, thanks for the info. Are you still waiting on UT or have you been accepted?

UTPharmDude, congrats on making it through. We'll be bothering you in a few months about how to get through those pesky P1 finals :D .

Members don't see this ad :)
RachGator said:
Girl_Digital, thanks for the info. Are you still waiting on UT or have you been accepted?

The waiting is over. I have been accepted. :)

I forgot to mention in my earlier post. The are lots of apts off of Far West.
It's a really nice area and there are UT shuttles that run back and forth.

Girl_Digital said:
The waiting is over. I have been accepted. :)

I forgot to mention in my earlier post. The are lots of apts off of Far West.
It's a really nice area and there are UT shuttles that run back and forth.
Congrats. I look forward to meeting you :) .

::bump::

so if the admissions committee is meeting on monday when are we going to actually get sent acceptances/waitlists/rejections? on friday? by june 1st?

The acceptances will probably be sent through e-mail next friday. Not sure how they do rejections and waitlists.....I wonder if the notifications are only through snail mail or through email and physical mail.

when UT sent me the spring grades email, they said if I hadn't heard anything by june 6th, to call them immediately. So we should all know their decisions no later than that.
Good luck to everyone :luck:

Hey everyone, I got my rejection letter today through snail mail :( Good luck to everyone else :)

Amith said:
Hey everyone, I got my rejection letter today through snail mail :( Good luck to everyone else :)

oh no... I'm sooo sorry. I havent gone out to check my snail mail yet... dont want to. :(

ok Amith... u r not alone... i got one too! I had a feeling --- I think thats y i was avoiding going to get my mail today!

Those hurt, don't they? :( But, you are both going to be pharmacists, no matter what UT says. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
after reading this, i checked my snail mail and i too was rejected. i'm actually not as crushed as i thought i would be... esp. since i only applied to 2 schools and was rejected by both.

it's not the end of the world. we're all doing the best that we can with what we have.

i've learned so much this year, esp. about patience. i joke about this all being a big fat failure - but it really is NOT.

i don't know much about any of you - but i'm the first college graduate in my entire family. and it's not because people in my family are "unable". truth is - they just don't try. and this for me, was a damn good try.

still... i've got more to give and i'll do it again next year. and i promise myself that i won't be so nervous at those silly interviews. adcoms will not decide our fate - they will just help us time it.

good luck to you all! :luck:

Amith, Genuine and Velocity,
Sorry to hear about the letters but as someone mentioned, you don't need to go to UT to be a pharmacist and I'm sure you guys will be a great one no matter where you go.
Where do you guys live, Dallas by any chance? I live in Dallas and haven't rec'd anything yet but my gut tells me that I'll meet my fate tommorow :( .

Question for Amith, Genuine and Velocity: was your rejection also posted on your UT EID status page?

My condolences to all of you. I know we probably all viewed UT as the big prize and it's not easy to have that particular dream dashed.

I haven't heard yet, but my confidence level is not high. Just happy that I've got a back-up in Texas A&M.

Thanks,
CatSpam

PharmEm said:
Sorry to hear about the letters but as someone mentioned, you don't need to go to UT to be a pharmacist and I'm sure you guys will be a great one no matter where you go.
Where do you guys live, Dallas by any chance? I live in Dallas and haven't rec'd anything yet but my gut tells me that I'll meet my fate tommorow :( .

Hey PharmEm,
I'm also from Dallas and haven't received anything...I am getting extremely nervous because I thought we wouldn't find anything out till next week :( I am going to be stalking the mail man tomorrow bleh

Don't lose heart and I wish you guys the best of luck!

sweetmurphy said:
Hey PharmEm,
I'm also from Dallas and haven't received anything...I am getting extremely nervous because I thought we wouldn't find anything out till next week :( I am going to be stalking the mail man tomorrow bleh

Don't lose heart and I wish you guys the best of luck!

Hi everyone who is in dallas,
I am also worried , I have not received one yet. I am in dallas too... Damn, I am so worried. anywayz, good luck to you all...

Thanks for all the encoragement guys :) Catspam, the staus has not updated on UT PharmD page. Just says the same thing as it did 3 months ago...that everything is received and verified. My undergrad status hasn't changed either. The only good thing is that I don't have to worry anymore.

Rxbound said:
Those hurt, don't they? :( But, you are both going to be pharmacists, no matter what UT says. :)

Yeah it hurts my ego... but there are people who must have interviewed better than me at UT... and fit better in UT.

I belong at UH :)

velocitygrl23 said:
after reading this, i checked my snail mail and i too was rejected. i'm actually not as crushed as i thought i would be... esp. since i only applied to 2 schools and was rejected by both.

it's not the end of the world. we're all doing the best that we can with what we have.

i've learned so much this year, esp. about patience. i joke about this all being a big fat failure - but it really is NOT.

i don't know much about any of you - but i'm the first college graduate in my entire family. and it's not because people in my family are "unable". truth is - they just don't try. and this for me, was a damn good try.

still... i've got more to give and i'll do it again next year. and i promise myself that i won't be so nervous at those silly interviews. adcoms will not decide our fate - they will just help us time it.

good luck to you all! :luck:

velocitygrl23 --- I'm sooooooo proud of you. For trying so hard and being the first college graduate in your fam. Hats off to you! That is awesome.. and you keep trying hard. Call the schools and ask them why they rejected you --- and work on that. I cant wait for you to start pharmacy school :)

Good Job again and try try again :luck:

PharmEm said:

Yes I'm from dallas... I really hope you get in though. :luck:

CatSpam said:
Question for Amith, Genuine and Velocity: was your rejection also posted on your UT EID status page?

My condolences to all of you. I know we probably all viewed UT as the big prize and it's not easy to have that particular dream dashed.

I haven't heard yet, but my confidence level is not high. Just happy that I've got a back-up in Texas A&M.

Thanks,
CatSpam

No the UT EID status page is still the same "being reviewed". Good Luck to you. :luck:

Genuine said:
No the UT EID status page is still the same "being reviewed". Good Luck to you. :luck:

Hey Genuine,
Sorry to hear the news. But I know for sure, you have been accepted to 2 schools in texas, which already defines your qualities. Oh well, you will still be a great pharmacist, a mature one.... hehehe, so dont worry and be happy.... my fate will be decided soon too, just waiting on it..... :love: and dreaming abt it. oh well, do give me a call, so we can meet. I so badly wanna see you before I leave.
u r one of my greatest encouragement..

thanks again, and good luck...

PharmEm said:

Thanks pharm :) I'm in Houston now, but originally from Dallas. I would think both places should receive mail around the same time?

Amith, Genuine, Velocity, Catspam, SweetMurphy and GlitterStar,
Did any of you receive that spring semester grades email like LNCS did? I'm just wondering if that has anything to do with if were still being considered or not. Once again, sorry to those that got the dreaded letter today and good luck to those that are still waiting.

PharmEm said:
Did any of you receive that spring semester grades email like LNCS did? I'm just wondering if that has anything to do with if were still being considered or not. Once again, sorry to those that got the dreaded letter today and good luck to those that are still waiting.

No... i didnt get that letter. They are definitely still considering you. So hopefully all will go well and you will hear the happy news soon. Good Luck :luck:

Well, that's the thing, I didn't get that email either that's why I'm dreading to see the mail man tommorow :scared: Geeze, I think I was less worried about this when I was studying for finals and now that they're over, I have all this free time to think about it.

CatSpam said:

Thanks,
CatSpam

hey catspam,
no. my rejection has not been posted on my UT EID status page.

Genuine said:
velocitygrl23 --- I'm sooooooo proud of you. For trying so hard and being the first college graduate in your fam. Hats off to you! That is awesome.. and you keep trying hard. Call the schools and ask them why they rejected you --- and work on that. I cant wait for you to start pharmacy school :)

Good Job again and try try again :luck:

hey genuine,

thanks for all the encouragement.
i'm proud of YOU, too! :D

i hope you like UH (i did my undergrad there) and i KNOW you'll like the medical center (i currently work there).
the med center is a crazy hubbub of energy that feeds your hunger for medicine and academia!

see you around!
:luck:

sweetmurphy said:
PharmEm,
I didn't get any email since I've already finished all my pre-reqs-but I got a weird email from the UT health center yesterday..anyone else? Don't worry, we hopefully have to worry only for a week more..unless the worrying will end today... :scared:

pharmem and sweetmurphy!
c'mon you guys!

keep the faith! :luck:

SweetMurphy,
Yeah, I got a weird email from the UT health center too yesterday. Something about reading a bacterial menengitis thing. :confused:

Velocity,
Thanks for the encouragement!

PharmEm said:

No pHarmEm ,
I didnt get one either. I took Genetics and Microbiology in Spring. I have not sent them my grades yet, I have a B and a B- from UT DALLAs, so am scared to send them rite now....

Well, it's Saturday, the mail has come, and I still haven't received my rejection letter. Could it be that I'm still in the running or, more than likely, that I'm in El Paso and so far away from everything that the rejection letter won't reach me until after I've received my Pharm D from A&M?

Did you know that El Paso is closer to the moon than it is to Austin, Texas? It's a fact. Look it up. Interestingly, El Paso also looks very much like the moon, only with a lot more Mexican restaurants than one would expect to find on the lunar surface.

CatSpam

I checked the mail today and I didnt get a rejection letter. Instead, I got a letter about University Towers.

For those that got rejection letters, were they from the College of Pharmacy itself or from UT Austin in general?

Wow.. i thought that at this point, we would all be receiving letters at the same time (good or bad)... Anywho, I have not heard anything from them.... i still want to get an acceptance letter, cos I want to be the one that says Yes or No, not them.... I'm crazy!, i know.

And to those of you that got the bad letter, please do not worry too much about UT, especially if you have another school to go to. Everything happens for a reason and for some reason, UT is not where u r supposed to be, so don't sweat it!!.. easier say than done, but worrying doesn't change the situation...

See some of you in the fall!!!! :thumbup: ;)

I need to find a roommmate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Phantom_Eclipse said:
I checked the mail today and I didnt get a rejection letter. Instead, I got a letter about University Towers.

For those that got rejection letters, were they from the College of Pharmacy itself or from UT Austin in general?
The letter is from UT COP and is dated May 11th, seems like they reached a decision during the first meeting but chose not to mail out the denials until much later.

Hi all, I am so sorry I haven't been here for everyone this week. My grandma passed away this week and I have been out of touch. I am so bummed for everyone who didn't get in (Genuine, Amith, etc) and am still really hopeful for those of you still waiting. I was really looking forward to meeting you all. we have to go to some of those conferences and hang out. I'll be in touch. PM me if you need to vent.

I am really bummed for you guys too. :( I haven't received anything yet but I have a feeling I'll get the same letter on Monday since I'm so far away. :( But like Itoohaveadream said, everything happens for a reason and as long as we have somewhere to go in the fall, everything should work out. :thumbup:

RachGator said:
Hi all, I am so sorry I haven't been here for everyone this week. My grandma passed away this week and I have been out of touch. I am so bummed for everyone who didn't get in (Genuine, Amith, etc) and am still really hopeful for those of you still waiting. I was really looking forward to meeting you all. we have to go to some of those conferences and hang out. I'll be in touch. PM me if you need to vent.

I am sooo sorry to hear about your grandma... hope u r doing ok. I know we'll cross paths for sure.

Good Luck at UT... hope its everything you have ever dreamt of!

velocitygrl23 said:
hey genuine,

thanks for all the encouragement.
i'm proud of YOU, too! :D

i hope you like UH (i did my undergrad there) and i KNOW you'll like the medical center (i currently work there).
the med center is a crazy hubbub of energy that feeds your hunger for medicine and academia!

see you around!

wow.... u work at the TMC... that is soooo cool... I'm just sooo in awe of the TMC... dunno y... its just WOW to me... So where do u work? what do u do?

U guys that are still waiting to hear... Dont be bummed... Be glad u havent gotten a rejection letter...!!!

Hopefully U all will hear wonderful news from UT...and will have a wonderful experience at their pharm school... so smile... dont worry... and look fwd to starting pharm school soooooooon :) :luck:

Genuine said:
wow.... u work at the TMC... that is soooo cool... I'm just sooo in awe of the TMC... dunno y... its just WOW to me... So where do u work? what do u do?

wow! i guess i once felt the same awe. i do behavioral and epidemiological research for a cancer hospital. i've been there for about 5 years. this hospital is affiliated with UT which, no doubt, is why i even got an interview. however, working 50 hrs a week while taking night classes made for a very, very POOR pcat score. in NO way am i being humble here. something in the 60th percentile would have been a vast improvement, seriously.

but, my affiliations are strong and my dedication is there, i just need to find time to take a kaplan course. i freeze with standardized exams and the pressure that this was my ticket into UT COP was no help.

anyway, working in TMC is amazing. we are constantly surrounded by phenomenal patients, accomplished doctors and struggling students. you will absolutely love it. :) parking is expensive, the train is a joke, walking/biking are an adventure and housing is overpriced.

but, texas children's hospital is gorgeous! volunteer there, apply for a job... whatever - just get to know THAT facility and you will find *true* success in medicine :love:

RachGator said:

Hey RachGator,
I'm sorry to hear about your grandma.. I hope you are you doing alright, if you need to vent please feel free to PM

organizational promotion time:

- Rush PHI DELTA CHI - Professional Pharmacy Fraternity!!!

- Be sure to join UT-Academy of Student Pharmacist (UT-ASP APhA)

- and join UTSSHP (Student Society of Health Systems Pharmacist)

:)

1.) The last meeting to review applicants is tommorow, May 22nd so I was wondering when we should hear back from them? I think someone posted an email saying something about a June 6, so I'm assuming in 2 weeks b/c it seems like that's when others have heard back after the last interview sessions. So I guess we'll have to wait a little longer.

2.) How many seats do you think are available right now? I'm thinking they're reviewing 100 aplicants and then giving seats to 40...I hope there are more seats available, like...well, 100! hahahaha.

Really, 40 seats remaining???... hey PharmEm, where r u in Dallas, I am also waiting on mine. oh well, we will know it soon....good luck :)

Hey glitterstar,
I THINK and I HOPE that there's at least 40 seats available but I'm sure it's less.