Any acceptance from UTAustin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CatSpam said:
You have to know that the school and the community in Kingsville are going to go ape over us to make sure that the first class out of the chute womps booty on the NAPLEX to assure their certification.

This is a biggie.

Members don't see this ad.

PharmDeb said:
This is a biggie.

I bet it'll be an experience. There will be a lot of attention on the students from the faculty which is definitely a plus. Making good connection with the faculty is mucho important.

PharmDeb said:
I just loved that little pygmy marmoset when I first saw that picture! No, it's not my finger, but wouldn't that be the cutest thing to have holding on to you?

I haven't decided on the school. There are some personal issues that are making it hard. :( But I have to decide by Thursday when a mini-may art class starts that I need for A&M, not for UT. Don't want to pay for it if I don't have to.

UT!!!! :thumbup: :D

Members don't see this ad :)
RachGator said:
I just called the school today and all the receptionist could tell me is that they will be meeting May 22 and sending out letters after that. I asked about the number of spots left and she didn't know. The previous time I spoke to someone they told me that they would also send out status letters (still under consideration, etc.) to everyone but I am not sure if these staus updates come before or after the next round of acceptance letters.

The best bet is for someone to e-mail Dr. Wilcox and ask him. He was so nice when I bothered him about the last round of interviews. If anyone is really afraid of bothering him, e-mail from a different e-mail address and don't put your name. But I don't think it should be an issue with him.

I will also ask everytime I call for anything there. :)

:luck:

Thanks for being so thoughtful... i have to agree with starsweet... that is really nice of you :)

vicky336 said:
a friend from class works in the pharmacy office there. i know everytime i call, she's the one that answers. maybe i can pull some info out of her haha.

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

That would be great! Whens your last final? Mine's tomorrow... just got done with Genetics... YAY!

ochem on thursday and i'm so sick of enolates etc. bleh.

how was genetics??? i know you were getting distracted. :D :D

vicky336 said:
ochem on thursday and i'm so sick of enolates etc. bleh.

how was genetics??? i know you were getting distracted. :D :D

Genetics i think was good...im just glad its over :thumbup:

Now physics :sleep: :sleep:

oh isnt enolates fun ;)

Genuine said:

I knew it!! I think you're going to love going to school in Austin. The people I met there were all top-notch and I'm positive you'll fit right in.

However, I'm guessing that you're going to pass up the art class. You may never know why Picasso had his famous blue period instead of, say, a yellow or an olive drab period. A pity for you, really.

Best of luck, of course. Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if UT is everything it's cracked up to be.

CatSpam
(Texas A&M.................................................of Pharmacy, Class of 2010)

I just got my packet of information in the mail today. Big envelope with lots of papers! I am going to have to get caught up on my immunizations. I have read the acceptance letter over and over! It is nice to have something official in my hands for next year. It says orientation will probably start on the 28th of Aug. so I will see everyone then!

mLe said:
I just got my packet of information in the mail today. Big envelope with lots of papers! I am going to have to get caught up on my immunizations. I have read the acceptance letter over and over! It is nice to have something official in my hands for next year. It says orientation will probably start on the 28th of Aug. so I will see everyone then!

i know! i read thru the whole packet a couple of times just to make sure that i got everything. im really excited! im going up to austin this weekend to look at condos! :D

dana92085 said:
i know! i read thru the whole packet a couple of times just to make sure that i got everything. im really excited! im going up to austin this weekend to look at condos! :D

u guys are soooo lucky!!! :)

dana92085 said:

Are you going to buy a place or just rent? I am planning a trip out there to find a place in about a month so let me know what you come across. I am hoping they put out a yahoo group or something so I can put feelers out for roomies :).

My packet probably won't get here until next week. My mail sucks. :mad:

I'm finally done!

Members don't see this ad :)
for those of you who have not received an acceptance from ut........did you get a status letter in the mail yet? i wonder if they are planning on making a decision for the rest of us in the next meeting whether they will let us know or just make us have a heart attack everyday when we check the mail from now on hoping that a rejection is not waiting for us!!

pharmD131 said:
for those of you who have not received an acceptance from ut........did you get a status letter in the mail yet? i wonder if they are planning on making a decision for the rest of us in the next meeting whether they will let us know or just make us have a heart attack everyday when we check the mail from now on hoping that a rejection is not waiting for us!!

i got a status email a couple weeks ago. did you get a letter in the mail about your status?

I did not get a status e-mail... should I be worried... :scared:

starsweet said:
I did not get a status e-mail... should I be worried... :scared:

I just re-read the email and I think it was sent to those who are reapplicants. Sorry didnt mean to scare anyone. :)

Dear Applicant:

I hope that you can appreciate the enormous task ahead of the
Admissions Committee if we interviewed ALL applicants to the College
of Pharmacy.

Because resources are limited, we carefully select those who will be
extended an invitation to interview.

Because you applied and were interviewed previously, we have
determined that it is not necessary that you do so again.

Your application is still being considered by the Admissions
Committee. Although admissions decisions will continue to be made,
the committee's last deliberations will occur at its final meeting on
May 22th.

Thanks very much for your patience.

kimn21 said:
I just re-read the email and I think it was sent to those who are reapplicants. Sorry didnt mean to scare anyone. :)

Dear Applicant:

I hope that you can appreciate the enormous task ahead of the
Admissions Committee if we interviewed ALL applicants to the College
of Pharmacy.

Because resources are limited, we carefully select those who will be
extended an invitation to interview.

Because you applied and were interviewed previously, we have
determined that it is not necessary that you do so again.

Your application is still being considered by the Admissions
Committee. Although admissions decisions will continue to be made,
the committee's last deliberations will occur at its final meeting on
May 22th.

Thanks very much for your patience.

im a reapplicant and i got no status email..........omg.....what does that mean???...well the weird thing is that i applied before the priority deadline and when i emailed dr. wilcox a few weeks back he said that my interview scores were not even loaded in the database yet. so maybe they send out the status letter after all ur info is put into the system.....this is truly frustrating though!!

pharmD131 said:
im a reapplicant and i got no status email..........omg.....what does that mean???...well the weird thing is that i applied before the priority deadline and when i emailed dr. wilcox a few weeks back he said that my interview scores were not even loaded in the database yet. so maybe they send out the status letter after all ur info is put into the system.....this is truly frustrating though!!

That could be it. I would e-mail Dr. Wilcox about it though bc I can't stand not knowing. The email was sent 4/24 btw. Good luck! :luck:

kimn21 said:
That could be it. I would e-mail Dr. Wilcox about it though bc I can't stand not knowing. The email was sent 4/24 btw. Good luck! :luck:

i think ill call them on friday instead.....i can be anonymous that way...because i don't want to annoy Dr. Wilcox like that...oh well right now i got my last undergrad final to worry about...once thats done on thursday i can start worryin some more about ut!!

pharmD131 said:
i think ill call them on friday instead.....i can be anonymous that way...because i don't want to annoy Dr. Wilcox like that...oh well right now i got my last undergrad final to worry about...once thats done on thursday i can start worryin some more about ut!!

I emailed Dr. Wilcox and he was nice enough to let me know that I was still being evaluated...but I am guessing he is saying this to everyone :(

sweetmurphy said:
I emailed Dr. Wilcox and he was nice enough to let me know that I was still being evaluated...but I am guessing he is saying this to everyone :(

I hope ALL of us hear something GOOD soon! :thumbup: :luck:

How many of you all (accepted or waiting to hear back) still have pre-reqs to take for UT? Are you going to take them now or will you wait until the second summer session when you know for sure?

For those waiting (and those not waiting too), you all are in my prayers along with a few friends (who have no acceptances so far). They are stressed to the max too. Is everyone here in at a backup school?
:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Nope, no back up for me, it's UT or bust! I'm stressed out to the MAX, and I have 3 zits to prove it. I have a final on thurs and fri and I can barely concentrate. I feel like calling the school and acting like I got in...

Me: Hi, my name is PharmEm and I was wondering if all our immuno shots had to be done before school started?
UT: Uh, what's your name, it seems like you're still being evaluated?
Me: Oh, I got my acceptance email and packet the other day, and was told by Dr. Wilcox that I have been accepted.
UT: Oh ok, looks like someone forgot to change your status on our computer, let me change it real quick. Welcome to UT and yes, all your immuno shots have to be done b4 school.
Me: THANKS, see you in the fall.

PharmEm said:
Nope, no back up for me, it's UT or bust! I'm stressed out to the MAX, and I have 3 zits to prove it. I have a final on thurs and fri and I can barely concentrate. I feel like calling the school and acting like I got in...

Me: Hi, my name is PharmEm and I was wondering if all our immuno shots had to be done before school started?
Me: Oh, I got my acceptance email and packet the other day, and was told by Dr. Wilcox that I have been accepted.
UT: Oh ok, looks like someone forgot to change your status on our computer, let me change it real quick. Welcome to UT and yes, all your immuno shots have to be done b4 school.

hahahaha maybe thats the way all of us will get in then....but im in the same position as you, because im waitlisted at mcphs-worcester and i doubt ill get in bec they waitlisted me without an interview. besides that, i haven't heard back from a&m at all, and all i can think is ututututut!!! i have a lotta zits to prove it too.......well some of them are from finals week adding to my miseries but still.......ive started stocking up on retin-a and clearasil!!

PharmEm said:

hahahaha maybe thats the way all of us will get in then....but im in the same position as you, because im waitlisted at mcphs-worcester and i doubt ill get in bec they waitlisted me without an interview. besides that, i haven't heard back from a&m at all, and all i can think is ututututut!!! i have a lotta zits to prove it too.......well some of them are from finals week adding to my miseries but still.......ive started stocking up on retin-a and clearasil!! as far as pre-reqs go, im finishing up the last one this spring...the literature requirement.

PharmEm said:

hahhaha PharmEm you are too funny!

RachGator said:
How many of you all (accepted or waiting to hear back) still have pre-reqs to take for UT? Are you going to take them now or will you wait until the second summer session when you know for sure?

For those waiting (and those not waiting too), you all are in my prayers along with a few friends (who have no acceptances so far). They are stressed to the max too. Is everyone here in at a backup school?
:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

I'm done woith all my pre-reqs and have UH to fall back on! Now I can :sleep: until august! :)

Genuine said:
I'm done woith all my pre-reqs and have UH to fall back on! Now I can :sleep: until august! :)

i still have physics for ut! no sleeping here!

dana92085 said:
i still have physics for ut! no sleeping here!

Oh physics calls for major sleeping ;)

Genuine said:
I just finished with finals last night and don't have to work until 4 pm today, I was sooo looking forward to a wonderful long sleep. But I COULDN'T :( . My brain wouldn't calm down.

Genuine said:
Oh physics calls for major sleeping ;)
im sure! i am NOT looking forward to spending my summer this way! :mad:
oh well i am going to hawaii before so that makes it a little better! :D

dana92085 said:
Aloha lucky one! When do you go? Hula :) !

RachGator said:
I just finished with finals last night and don't have to work until 4 pm today, I was sooo looking forward to a wonderful long sleep. But I COULDN'T :( . My brain wouldn't calm down.

haha this is sooo funny... I'm the same way... my eyes feel sooo heavy... cuz i am sleepy but i just cant go to sleep.. wish this is how I was yesterday, when i needed to stay up and study for physics... but i went straight to Zzzzzzzzz

dana92085 said:

wow hawaii sounds sooo good right now *dreaming*

how come the first packet from ut didnt make any mention of a deposit? and i noticed they didnt list american history/gov as requirements that i need to take before classes start...does that mean i don't have to take them? :D

Did anyone else just receive this email?

Dear Applicant to the UT Austin College of Pharmacy:

Note: A copy of this letter is being mailed to your preferred address.

At its most recent meeting, the Admissions Committee of the College
of Pharmacy at The University of Texas at Austin discussed your
application but could not come to any decision because you are taking
courses this semester that could impact their decision. Because of
the highly competitive nature of applications for the Fall 2006 class
and a desire to be consistent in its decisions, the Admissions
Committee has decided to delay its decision on your application.

If you are currently enrolled in classes at the University of
Texas at Austin,
we have automatic access to your spring grades. No action
need be taken by you at
this time.

If you are currently enrolled in classes at another
institution, you must provide
us with your Spring 2006 semester grades as soon as possible,
but no later than
Friday, May 19, 2006. An instruction sheet on how to report
grades is enclosed for
your convenience.

The committee will reconsider your application at its final meeting
on May 22, 2006. If the address that you indicated on your
application for receipt of all correspondence from us has changed or
will change, please e-mail your correct address to
[email protected] as soon as possible. This will help us to serve
you better. If you do not receive a letter from us by June 6, 2006
please call us immediately.

RachGator said:
Aloha lucky one! When do you go? Hula :) !

im leaving on the 24th! my brother is in the army and is stationed there. very pumped about it! :D

LNCS said:
Did anyone else just receive this email?

Dear Applicant to the UT Austin College of Pharmacy:

Note: A copy of this letter is being mailed to your preferred address.

At its most recent meeting, the Admissions Committee of the College
of Pharmacy at The University of Texas at Austin discussed your
application but could not come to any decision because you are taking
courses this semester that could impact their decision. Because of
the highly competitive nature of applications for the Fall 2006 class
and a desire to be consistent in its decisions, the Admissions
Committee has decided to delay its decision on your application.

If you are currently enrolled in classes at the University of
Texas at Austin,
we have automatic access to your spring grades. No action
need be taken by you at
this time.

If you are currently enrolled in classes at another
institution, you must provide
us with your Spring 2006 semester grades as soon as possible,
but no later than
Friday, May 19, 2006. An instruction sheet on how to report
grades is enclosed for
your convenience.

The committee will reconsider your application at its final meeting
on May 22, 2006. If the address that you indicated on your
application for receipt of all correspondence from us has changed or
will change, please e-mail your correct address to
[email protected] as soon as possible. This will help us to serve
you better. If you do not receive a letter from us by June 6, 2006
please call us immediately.

I just checked my email and have not received anything from UT...when did you receive this message? Are you completing many pre-reqs during the spring semester?

calculus and microbiology; just received it at around 3:30 today

LNCS said:
calculus and microbiology; just received it at around 3:30 today

any other classes remaining for summer?

No, those are my only remaining classes.

glitterstar said:
any other classes remaining for summer?

LNCS said:

wow! what could be any other reason that they would ask you for ur transcript

do u have a good gpa? sorry asking personal questions,i am so worried, i took genetics and micro this sem and made a B and a B-. so kinda worried.

the email that was sent out was a general listserve email, sent to multiple recipients. it asks for all who received it to have grades sent in by may 19th. non UT students are to submit info either by fax, email or voicemail. they have access to UT students grades. it could be b/c its my first semester at UT and they want to evaluate my performance. You shouldn't be worried. Genetics and micro are difficult courses and you did great. I guess i should be the one worried now.

glitterstar said:
wow! what could be any other reason that they would ask you for ur transcript

do u have a good gpa? sorry asking personal questions,i am so worried, i took genetics and micro this sem and made a B and a B-. so kinda worried.

LNCS said:

i'm waiting too - but i did not receive an email like this.

ughhh...
that email is so vague.
they could not reach a decision?
is your acceptance dependent upon how you did in those particular classes?
is anyone's acceptance dependent upon those particular classes?
:confused:

BUT - i think your application, after you send in those grades, is still in the running. i mean, otherwise, why wouldn't they just send a rejection...
right?
:luck:

it seems - if they didn't want you - they wouldn't try to find reasons to see more of you... right?

ick! this waiting business is turning into a sad, soap opera-like drama! :scared:

i have given my all, we have all given our all... nothing more can be asked of us

LNCS said:
i have given my all, we have all given our all... nothing more can be asked of us

I am planning to wait until the decision is made. I mean, Spring grades shouldnt be used to make a decision. It hasnt been done for other schools, I do see the importance of evaluating when the decision is based on grades, but then, what about the stressful semester we have had with all the interviews and rush to finish the classes :(

If adcom gave us points for worrying....I'm sure all of us on SDN would be P1's in the fall. :laugh:

Amith said:
If adcom gave us points for worrying....I'm sure all of us on SDN would be P1's in the fall. :laugh:

amith, you and me are the greatest worry warts, dont worry,continue worrying, lolzzzzz