Any 3rd/4th years who can provide some info on Touro-NV or LECOM-SH?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ndskit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to both schools and I am trying to decide which one to go to. From a lot of what I have heard, seeing how the 3rd and 4th years are structured should be considered when making a decision on schools. I'm looking for some genuine responses with cons as well as pros. I know I can find information on clinical years on the school websites, but obviously drawbacks will not be advertised.

I was wondering if anyone could provide some information on:
1. Are you satisfied with how you were assigned to rotation sites? Was it difficult to obtain a good site and did you feel like you had support from the school or were you left to do mostly everything on your own?
2. How are the rotations structured? Is it mostly shadow work or do you have some kind of role where you could learn from experience?
3. During rotations, are you evaluated by an attending who is taking care of the patients or a preceptor?
4. In retrospect, what do you wish you would have known about the school before you decided on it? - and would that have changed your decision?
5. Anything else you would like to mention that might be useful in my decision making.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey!
Curious to know what decision you made and why? I'm in the same predicament right now lol