Any 27-29 MCAT with interviews????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
7 MD IIs, Accepted today to my top choice! 27 and proud of it!

You need to publish a formal guide in this thread for success haha, super happy for you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
9 IIs so far and 2 Acceptances yesterday! 27ish equivalent. Don't give up hope guys!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just completed my 22nd MD app (Verified late august). I think I'm gonna have to cap it off right there even though I applied to 30+ schools.

Idk how some of you finished 30+ so quickly! Good job to all those who applied broadly and to those already accepted!

2 acceptances as of today! I'm so glad I didn't retake my 29 mcat.

Reactions: 6 users
Really great!! Congrats!!

Thank you! This thread was pretty helpful. I want to let others know that you can get in with low to average stats. I have a 29 mcat and 3.5 gpa. I'll be glad to answer any questions, as I've asked many on these forums that have helped me.

Thank you! This thread was pretty helpful. I want to let others know that you can get in with low to average stats. I have a 29 mcat and 3.5 gpa. I'll be glad to answer any questions, as I've asked many on these forums that have helped me.
mind sharing which schools? was ur mcat balanced? and congrats!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user

Which schools did u get interviews at?

Your sgpa is 3.5

Members don't see this ad :)
I've had one II that led to an acceptance. Silence from about 15 others. MCAT 28/GPA 3.9. I'm hoping this thread brings me luck!

I've had one II that led to an acceptance. Silence from about 15 others. MCAT 28/GPA 3.9. I'm hoping this thread brings me luck!

Congrats on your acceptance!

Mind posting or PMing me where??

New to this thread! I have around a 27 on the new MCAT and a cGPA of 3.90. So far, I have 2 MD interviews and 2 DO interviews coming up in the next month or so. Hoping to add a few more to that list but have a whole lot of silence from everywhere else

This thread has been giving me hope! 28 MCAT, 3.86 GPA:
2 IIs: WVU (waitlisted OOS), and UAB (also OOS)!
3 rejections, and a handful of holds/eligible for interviews. We got this!

Last edited:
I had a 29 (9/9/11) and applied to only three schools (all MD), 2 OOS and 1 IS (only one in my state). Got interviews from all of them and accepted to one already. Put up a Hail Mary this year and it was a success. No studying for the new MCAT and no reapplying more broadly next year! Never again will I be ashamed of that 29!

EDIT: cGPA and sGPA both above 3.9.
That is very great, congratulation!!! Can you share with us which MD school you apply and accept?

Any invites recently? Been pretty quiet for me other than a rejection from GW today :(.

Any invites recently? Been pretty quiet for me other than a rejection from GW today :(.

Got an II today from my state school after months of silence! There is still hope!

Another week with completeeeeeeeee silence. Atleast I was able to dodge the GW slaughter

Another week with completeeeeeeeee silence. Atleast I was able to dodge the GW slaughter

I unsubscribed from the GW thread when they put me on hold back in July....so I didn't even realize the slaughter was happening until it was over haha

Reactions: 2 users
I unsubscribed from the GW thread when they put me on hold back in July....so I didn't even realize the slaughter was happening until it was over haha

Same. I just stopped checking it tbh, then when I heard about it I frantically checked email to dead silence...Even when **** is hitting the fan my inbox remains a ghost town lol

you guys are giving me some hope in this cycle .. 28ish equivalent on the new MCAT and nontraditional (career change) applicant. Hoping the silence is broken this week :nailbiting:

hoping good luck comes your way soon! I am a very similar applicant, also a non traditional career changer (4+ years out of undergrad), non-URM in every way, and I have 3 MD IIs so far with a ~29.5 equivalent MCAT. there is hope guys! rooting for everyone in this thread, the cycle is still young.

29.5? You a 2015 MCAT?

yes, 507 on 2015 MCAT. I am hopeful that at least some schools are at least trying to consider applicants holistically, especially because this is the first year with the new exam. we are more than just our MCAT scores!

Same as I got...F*ck I was mad about the score. Studied my @$$ off and then some. Should have just taken the older one and utilized the 10+ official tests available...But I won't go there :)

Same as I got...F*ck I was mad about the score. Studied my @$$ off and then some. Should have just taken the older one and utilized the 10+ official tests available...But I won't go there :)

the grass is always greener haha

11 II's, 9 interviews attended, 6 acceptances. 29MCAT/ 4.0 GPA
Thank goodness I live in Texas!

Last edited:
Still riding on no MD interviews! quite a few awesome DO ones! hoping for Texas to show me some love!!!

Gonna chime in with my stats, to continue giving hope :)

28 MCAT, 3.8 GPA/sGPA.
5 MD II so far, attended one, Waitlisted, rest coming up.
Schools:
GW
Penn state
Stony Brook
NYMC
UoMichigan

Good luck to all!

Was accepted to my state MD school with a 506 and overall GPA less than 3.5

Had decent ECs and some military experience, but nothing else special.

Was accepted to my state MD school with a 506 and overall GPA less than 3.5

Had decent ECs and some military experience, but nothing else special.

Thats special.

Reactions: 2 users
hey just curious if any open file interviewers have asked any of you guys to explain your score this cycle and how you responded. hope everyone is doing well! :)
Yes at VCU I was asked about it and I thought I did a good job addressing it, providing no excuses for the score. I'm now on post interview hold and hopefully it leads to an acceptance at some point :).

MCAT 504 and accepted!!! (sGPA 3.65 / cGPA 3.78 - nontrad with what I think are some interesting ECs)

Reactions: 7 users
I think I'm just gonna "unwatch' this thread.