Anxious about OAT

Dwatch01

Reaction score
Hello All
This is my 1st post in here, I have been an avid reader though!
I am getting ready to attempt the OAT for the 1st time and am beyond anxious. I already have a campus tour set up with UIWRSO, my top choice, but am worried I will bomb the OAT and they will literally laugh me off campus! I have done their Pre Optom program via the computer, COVID, and am hoping to get into their in person pre optometry program this summer. I did submit my application and they have reached out and asked when I am taking my OAT test and asked me to notify them ASAP once taken. I have a pretty good report with 2 of the people in admissions at this school, and have been in contact with them regularly.
I have my Bachelors (3.05 GPA) and 21 years of experience in Ophthalmology and Optometry, I was a certified Optician and am now a certified tech for the last 15 years. I am significantly older than most applicants and hope this isn't a negative.

Does anyone have any luck getting in with lower than average OAT scores but lots of experience??

Thanks all!!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're going into it expecting to get a lower than average OAT then I would advise rescheduling to another date where you feel more prepared.

Reactions: 1 user
From what it sounds like you haven't taken the OAT yet... so why are you assuming you'll low get a low OAT score?

If it helps, you don't need a high GPA to do well on the OAT. I have a 3.42 GPA but I still scored a 370. You have to believe in yourself