another PS question/formatting problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sanchik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry for starting a new thread, but when i copied and pasted my statement, i had all these question marks where the apostrophes should be. so i went into ERAS and deleted the question marks, put in my apostrophes and saved. now it seems to look like the original. is that enough, or do i have to do what other people suggest with saving it thru wordpad. any help would be appreciated as i am kinda freaking.

Members don't see this ad.

I would view your LOR under the option to print the PS and read every word. The hidden characters to watch out for are the quotation marks, the hyphens, etc.

The other option is to save your word document as text. Then go open it in Notepad and copy and paste - will save the headache. Also, when word asks if you want to lose certain formatting, choose yes.

Good luck, just posted my ps today.

-K

ok my PS looks different on the view PS vs the print PS. It also looks diff on the print PS screen compared to the hard copy after I print it. Lines end early in the middle of paragraphs. I already submitted it and now I am pissed. I was just in such a rush and so sick of dealing with this computer cr&*p! I did copy it into notepad too before pasting it in. SOmetimes I couldnt even correct those spaces in txt anyway. Its a moot point now... DO you think people reading these things will be annoyed with some premature indents on the right side..i think it reads ok...