another low gpa talk... no hope for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrazyPerson

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
after a year and half of hard work... i (a Jr.) have achieved A's in all my classes during that time period. yet still have a 3.32, however thats from a 2.89.

took the mcat. had a 30. still have a year of school to go. if i keep up the good work, i can prob finish with a 3.49 and a 3.54 sci gpa.
even after C+ in gen chem 1 and 2 and a C- in phy 2... ghost recon killed me... rest of my science are all As

now my question is, how is the 3.32 going to reflect on me. i mean, i am only a Jr. stil have some time to go?

should i spend one extra year just to bring up my gpa.. i can have a second major in psy...

i am :confused:

not sure if this make my case worst.. I am asian...

Members don't see this ad.

Oh man ghost recon.... I know how that is.... lol.

Originally posted by CrazyPerson
during the year and half of hard work... i (a Jr.) have achieved A's in all my classes during the time period. yet still have a 3.32, however thats from a 2.89.

took the mcat. had a 30. still have a year of school to go. if i keep up the good work, i can prob finish with a 3.49 and a 3.54 sci gpa.
even after C+ in gen chem 1 and 2 and a C- in phy 2... ghost recon killed me... rest of my science are all As

now my question is, how is the 3.32 going to reflect on me. i mean, i am only a Jr. stil have some time to go?

You will have a bit of a tough road, but you have hope! I was in your position, low frosh gpa and it's just a #$@$# to bring that up. I have 3 Cs from frosh year to give you an idea of what my gpa was back then ;). I have a slightly higher MCAT. I've gotten a fair amount of interviews. If you take that MCAT again, only take it if you know you can pull a 35+, IMHO. B/c otherwise you should spend that time on the other parts of your app--ECs, LORs, etc...if there is one thing I have learned, it's that many adcoms are open minded and it is more than a numbers game. PM me if you'd like any more specifics on my situation. Schools do appreciate that upward trend more than you probably think.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an F and 3 C's. Finished summa at my second university with a 3.34 overall (5 years). 33 on the MCAT and had several interviews and more than one acceptance. My pont is that I dont think you will suffer and you should go ahead and apply. Retake the MCAT if you feel you can do 4-6 points better, but be careful with it.

Ghost Recon is a b*tch. I've wasted many hours blowing things up when I should've been studying.

SCREW YOU ALL!

COUNTER-STRIKE! That ruined me.

I wish I could claim something as noble as those sacred pieces of software mentioned above as the cause of my unbecoming. But, I can't. No sir! Not me. My screwup was old school....didn't study....sat around picking my nose....earned 3 F's, 15 W's (give or take a couple), and even skipped out on a final exam.
But, this was all in jr. college, where I was on the grand four-year plan. Apparently, I didn't know that the whole "four year" scheme includes university.
Anyway, here I am a few years later. So, there is always hope.:)

P.S. - if anyone is wondering, the final was for macroeconomics....got a C, which was one of the highlights of my jr. college career