Anes CCM fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seba

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a current CA-1 and am strongly considering a fellowship in CCM. Can anyone comment on the fellowships at Wake Forest, Emory, Duke, Michigan, and any others. Specifically, I am looking for a program that has true CLOSED units, adheres to evidence based practices and has either mandatory or substantial elective opportunities to do MICU time.

I am interested in a either an academic or private practice career that will allow me to attend in a mixed med/surg icu and also do at least 50% anesthesia. Does anyone know of folks doing this type of career in either private practice or academic? I know academics split time in between the OR and the SICU but anyone also attending in the MICU?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I am a current CA-1 and am strongly considering a fellowship in CCM. Can anyone comment on the fellowships at Wake Forest, Emory, Duke, Michigan, and any others. Specifically, I am looking for a program that has true CLOSED units, adheres to evidence based practices and has either mandatory or substantial elective opportunities to do MICU time.

I am interested in a either an academic or private practice career that will allow me to attend in a mixed med/surg icu and also do at least 50% anesthesia. Does anyone know of folks doing this type of career in either private practice or academic? I know academics split time in between the OR and the SICU but anyone also attending in the MICU?

Thanks!!

I can comment on one of the "others" - CCF. I'm starting in July, our class will have 8 fellows. It is a closed unit, and we have 2 or 3 elective months.