Community anes/CCM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McPoyle

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious who out there is in the community practicing both anesthesia and CCM. I’m thinking academics isn’t for me and looking to make a move out, hoping to hear others experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m not personally but my residency program is affiliated with a PP group where they get to practice anesthesia and ICU

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the community (mid-Atlantic) and practice both. I am a partner in my private anesthesia practice, and we have a lease agreement with the hospital, whereby they pay the group for my time in the ICU (the other intensivists are hospital-employed). I'll cover one of the units (6-12 patients per day) solo for 10 weeks out of the year, and am in the OR for the remainder of my clinical time. There is definitely an opportunity cost that must be paid for creating a gig like this, but I decided that is worth it for me.

Both the hospital and my group are hiring, if you're interested, so a similar hybrid position can be made.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the community (mid-Atlantic) and practice both. I am a partner in my private anesthesia practice, and we have a lease agreement with the hospital, whereby they pay the group for my time in the ICU (the other intensivists are hospital-employed). I'll cover one of the units (6-12 patients per day) solo for 10 weeks out of the year, and am in the OR for the remainder of my clinical time. There is definitely an opportunity cost that must be paid for creating a gig like this, but I decided that is worth it for me.

Both the hospital and my group are hiring, if you're interested, so a similar hybrid position can be made.
I’m starting fellowship in a a few weeks and will be looking for a job in a year. Care to PM details?