Andrews AFB, Anesthesiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdt672002

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my family and I are moving to Andrews AFB in July after my Anesthesia residency. We have researched that Prince George's County area and it looks terrible(where Andrews AFB is located). Any advice would be much appreciated!!! We are thinking about moving to Calvert County instead of trying to live on base.

Members don't see this ad.

Why would you lived on base? Also, is your billet just for Malcolm Grow, or are you going to be at Reed as well? I had some AF staff that were technically assigned to Malcolm Grow, but were at Reed the majority of the time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

So my family and I are moving to Andrews AFB in July after my Anesthesia residency. We have researched that Prince George's County area and it looks terrible(where Andrews AFB is located). Any advice would be much appreciated!!! We are thinking about moving to Calvert County instead of trying to live on base.

The area where the base is located is pretty dreadful. I'd consider Alexandria or Arlington over Calvert or Charles county to be honest with you. However, it depends on what you are looking for. If you want more bang for the buck then Calvert or Charles county are decent. Alexandria or Arlington are much more vibrant and metropolitan. However both areas those areas are pricey for housing.