American University of Health Sciences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmacyCat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I actually applied to this school because of the location in long beach, CA. I know what you're thinking, there's many pharmacy schools in SoCal, how many more is needed? However after applying, I did not realize that the yelp reviews were bad that people were saying this school was a scam. The school has no ACPE status to date right now but is going to be reviewed for pre-candidate status this Fall 2018 so probably January. Any thoughts that this school might somehow proceed to become accredited? I wish I did some more research before tossing money into the application fee. The school website looks legit, and I am wondering why they were turned down for pre-candidate status before.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know about this university, but jeez, that is so terrible. Darn it; and you already paid the $50-$175 fee. You applied to other schools, right? :unsure:

If I was in this predicament, I would make a list of question based off of the Yelp reviews, and call the school asking these questions! They would have to answer you, and you'd hear it with your own ears. Then, even if they say if the reviews were true or not, I wouldn't go. Going would just be a waste of money, it seems.

Sorry. :(

I don't know about this university, but jeez, that is so terrible. Darn it; and you already paid the $50-$175 fee. You applied to other schools, right? :unsure:

If I was in this predicament, I would make a list of question based off of the Yelp reviews, and call the school asking these questions! They would have to answer you, and you'd hear it with your own ears. Then, even if they say if the reviews were true or not, I wouldn't go. Going would just be a waste of money, it seems.

Sorry. :(
Yes, I applied to five other schools. Just kinda bummed out about wasting $55 lol :(

Members don't see this ad :)
did you ever call them? they are hosting so many interviews but im so confused as to who is even knowingly applying if they aren't even accredited

With so many new schools opening up in California especially since the job market is oversaturated, I would avoid any school that isn't fully accredited. The newest schools are only interested in making a quick buck off of naive pharmacy students because they know they can.

I actually applied to this school because of the location in long beach, CA. I know what you're thinking, there's many pharmacy schools in SoCal, how many more is needed? However after applying, I did not realize that the yelp reviews were bad that people were saying this school was a scam. The school has no ACPE status to date right now but is going to be reviewed for pre-candidate status this Fall 2018 so probably January. Any thoughts that this school might somehow proceed to become accredited? I wish I did some more research before tossing money into the application fee. The school website looks legit, and I am wondering why they were turned down for pre-candidate status before.
Hi did you get accepted to this program or did you go somewhere else.

Hi d
With so many new schools opening up in California especially since the job market is oversaturated, I would avoid any school that isn't fully accredited. The newest schools are only interested in making a quick buck off of naive pharmacy students because they know they can.
you apply to this school