AMCAS work and activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Samehdi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what to put in my work and activities. I want to make sure I properly represent my achievements while still being relevant.

I have the usual, undergraduate research, clinical and volunteering, but there are a few hazing things I'm unsure if I should include:

1. membership in a fraternity. Alpha Chi Sigma professional chemists fraternity, a service fraternity in which I held two positions.

2. Membership in phi beta kappa

3. Artistic endeavors? I was a fashion design major my first semester of college, and did a huge science themed mural in high school. As well as several fundraising events for various organizations using my artistic ability.

4. Hobbies!? I knit and made a quilt that were donated to women in a halfway house. I visited that halfway house and got to meet those women and present my gifts to them.

5. Medical employment: it was as a receptionist in my parent's medical practice. Not really sure if I should include it, because i don't know how it will represent me: positively in that medicine has played a large role in my life for a long time or negatively in that although i went to other places to get clinical experience at later times, i was payed by my own parents (probably gonna have to list my mom as the contact because she's the manager)

Members don't see this ad.