AMCAS Work/Activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GBCrzzyy

The moon is just the back of the sun.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I filled up all 15 of my slots and I think they are all worth having in my application - definitely no fillers but I wanted to list two of my certifications: I'm an EMT-B and also a CVT (Certified Vet Tech). The latter requires an Associate of Science degree in veterinary technology and then a subsequent exam to obtain certification. I have two slots that I am occupying with multiple activities - I have one that's "Various Employment" that I have about 4 basic jobs I held during school so I changed it to "Various Employment/Certifications" and listed EMT and CVT on there. However, I could also reasonably fit them into my one slot for Hobbies. I just thought it fit more with employment since I have worked as both an EMT and a CVT. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I filled up all 15 of my slots and I think they are all worth having in my application - definitely no fillers but I wanted to list two of my certifications: I'm an EMT-B and also a CVT (Certified Vet Tech). The latter requires an Associate of Science degree in veterinary technology and then a subsequent exam to obtain certification. I have two slots that I am occupying with multiple activities - I have one that's "Various Employment" that I have about 4 basic jobs I held during school so I changed it to "Various Employment/Certifications" and listed EMT and CVT on there. However, I could also reasonably fit them into my one slot for Hobbies. I just thought it fit more with employment since I have worked as both an EMT and a CVT. Thoughts?
Mention of certifications belongs best with the job for which you used them, to keep them in context.