This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjn566

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, I have literally just submitted my application through AMCAS and realized I didnt fill out my meaningful experiences descriptions. All I had in there was like one word to just save the entry with the general description. When I hit submit I realized I had left it blank. It was too late. I am noticing this before the application has been processed. However, I have made my payment already. I will call them in the morning and have already emailed them with my problem. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this! WOW I am so annoyed with myself.

Members don't see this ad.

Hopefully you put one of your classes in wrong and have to edit it. Other than that I don't think there's anything you can do

I looked through AAMC website and seems like you can not change that information....

Sent from my SM-N920P using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully you put one of your classes in wrong and have to edit it. Other than that I don't think there's anything you can do
Unfortunately you cannot go back and edit the experiences section, even if the application has a mistake in the course grades section.

If I were you OP, I'd withdraw my app and try again next year.

Reactions: 1 users
omg OP I'm so sorry. Apply for DO?

No edits. This may leave you DOA.

OP, I would withdraw and apply next year. In the future, use the print application feature a few times before submission! Not only to see where things are incompleted, but it's also easier for most to proof read printed work.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
No edits. This my leave you DOA.

OP, I would withdraw and apply next year. In the future, use the print application feature a few times before submission! Not only to see where things are incompleted, but it's also easier for most to proof read printed work.

Like the 10 times I printed out my 20 page paper to notice mistakes each time. :laugh:

Couldn't OP just send the lists to each school? I'm not familiar with AMCAS/applying but it seems like it'd be worth a shot?

OP before withdrawing the app I would contact each school and explain the situation and see if there's ANYTHING that can be done.

Reactions: 2 users
OP before withdrawing the app I would contact each school and explain the situation and see if there's ANYTHING that can be done.

True.

Exhaust your options. I'm not sure if you will find a sympathetic ear as this comes off as irresponsible and rushed. If it turns out there is nothing you can do, I wouldn't go through the app season with those blank. They might take it in a range of all negative impressions: immaturity, a joke, lack of attention to detail, etc etc.

Call AMCAS and beg them to work some computer magic?

I had nightmares about stuff like this happening to me, especially because I also did the put-one-letter-in-MM-and-come-back-later-to-fill-it-in thing. Yeah, I would definitely put out an SOS call to AMCAS to see if they'll be merciful. The whole situation stinks, OP, but at least you can learn from it : always double triple check everything before submitting, and try not to compromise thoroughness for speed.

The whole situation stinks, OP, but at least you can learn from it : always double triple check everything before submitting, and try not to compromise thoroughness for speed.

Valuable lesson for someone going into medicine... You're absolutely certain the 12-lead does not show a STEMI? Would you bet your career on it?

This post gave me a heartattack and I have event submitted yet. Let the neuroticism continue :O

RIP OP. Sorry that happened :(

Wow, med school admission is so stressful. Sorry, OP, that you're going through this.

BTW, if you do decide to withdraw your app, tell your credit card company to not process the charge from AMCAS. Dispute the charge.

Wow, med school admission is so stressful. Sorry, OP, that you're going through this.

BTW, if you do decide to withdraw your app, tell your credit card company to not process the charge from AMCAS. Dispute the charge.

Oo, that's an interesting way to put a 'hold on things', OP.

If the payment doesn't go through, your app sure won't. I do not know what the repercussions of that would be, though.