AMCAS early submission question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medmania123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is the absolute best time to submit the AMCAS?

Does submitting on the day of (May 28th, 2022) versus sometime like June 10th make a huge difference? My premed advising office says it should be more than fine, but I'd like to hear others' opinions on this!

I read that verified AMCAS applications are transmitted to medical schools starting on June 26th, 2022, and that on average it takes 4-6 weeks to process.

Assuming there is a benefit to applying May 28th...how would one ensure committees are aware of accomplishments after May 28th (i.e. national conference research presentations, etc.)? Would it be best to send this information in update letters?

Members don't see this ad.

To submit for AMCAS so they can start verifying your application, they need your college transcripts complete with Spring grades.
You can ask your college to send transcripts to AMCAS as soon as the grades are final.
If you are still in college, the "early" submission will still have to wait for those transcripts.
A week or 3 makes no difference.

Reactions: 2 users
Agreed. You need your final spring grades to complete the course entry section before you can submit your application.

The things that are planned out in progress can be listed in your activities and perhaps mentioned for secondaries if prompted. But basically you take your snapshot when you push send and can't change your picture much afterwards.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. You need your final spring grades to complete the course entry section before you can submit your application.

The things that are planned out in progress can be listed in your activities and perhaps mentioned for secondaries if prompted. But basically you take your snapshot when you push send and can't change your picture much afterwards.
Makes sense. Thank you so much!

To submit for AMCAS so they can start verifying your application, they need your college transcripts complete with Spring grades.
You can ask your college to send transcripts to AMCAS as soon as the grades are final.
If you are still in college, the "early" submission will still have to wait for those transcripts.
A week or 3 makes no difference.
Thank you!!

Assuming there is a benefit to applying May 28th...how would one ensure committees are aware of accomplishments after May 28th (i.e. national conference research presentations, etc.)? Would it be best to send this information in update letters?
Update letters are fine (if the school accepts them), but other avenues might be Secondary essays with appropriate prompts, and interview conversations, if the topic comes up.

Reactions: 3 users