AMCAS Course Error Late in the Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakemuffin

Reaction score
First off, my apologies if I am posting this in the wrong place. I have already completed my secondaries at 23 schools, and have been verified for nearly a month now. I now only just realized that a 4 credit science course (in which I received an A) is missing from my transcript. I guess neither myself or whoever was verifying my transcripts caught this. I don't know what to do now. Should I contact AMCAS? If it's updated on my application, will schools I'm already complete at see the new GPA? According to my calculation, this single course would raise my cGPA 0.01 (from 3.74 --> 3.75), and my sGPA 0.01 as well (3.62 --> 3.63). I have no idea what to do. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I doubt the 0.01 GPA change will make a significant difference anywhere. AMCAS might be able to change it so it doesn't hurt to email: not like you can do anything else about it.

I think it won't be noticed unless you've already graduated and it's a prereq. If someone asks about it, just tell them it was accidentally left off your AMCAS but appears on your transcript (which you'll have to send when you matriculate). Could also be interview material for a corny joke of some sort if you get the right setup :p

Best of luck this cycle!

Hey, I doubt the 0.01 GPA change will make a significant difference anywhere. AMCAS might be able to change it so it doesn't hurt to email: not like you can do anything else about it.

I think it won't be noticed unless you've already graduated and it's a prereq. If someone asks about it, just tell them it was accidentally left off your AMCAS but appears on your transcript (which you'll have to send when you matriculate). Could also be interview material for a corny joke of some sort if you get the right setup :p

Best of luck this cycle!
Hey, thank you for your reply! I guess you're right, I'm probably overthinking it. I'll just contact AMCAS and see if they can change it. Thanks for easing my nerves!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed, while I'd still email AMCAS about it, it's not something that will make a significant impact on your app.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Hey, thank you for your reply! I guess you're right, I'm probably overthinking it. I'll just contact AMCAS and see if they can change it. Thanks for easing my nerves!
See page 70 of the AMCAS Guide for instructions on "Academic Change Request"

Status
Not open for further replies.