AMCAS application - slight error. is this a big deal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopetobedoctor101010

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I just submitted my AMCAS application yesterday but I realized after I made a mistake in my bio info. I put the wrong sex for one of my parents on accident. i immediately emailed AAMC but haven't heard back. on their website it says you can change DOB, sex, etc but does that include parents? it really was a genuine mistake I didn't catch and misclicked. I know this is a small issue and has nothing to do with verification but I can get this fixed right? I just don't want med schools i'll be applying to to think i have two parents of the same biological sex which i do not

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Haha, given this stressful time as a premed, I'm sorry but your post serves as comic relief. I don't think it will be a major issue. I don't think people will even look at your parents' genders. If they do, "hmm, gay/lesbian parents who want to have a kid, so they adopted. Cool, let's move on to your MORE RELEVANT aspects of the application."

Again, I don't mean to sound insensitive, but I do not think it will mess up your application.