AMCAS App Mistake! Put 1st Semester instead of 1st Quarter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcdonaldssprite

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I doubt this is a big deal but wanted to double-check. I accidentally marked a set of fall quarter classes as fall semester. Will this prevent me from being verified? Any repercussions?

Should I withdraw, fix, and resubmit? Or leave it?

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt this is a big deal but wanted to double-check. I accidentally marked a set of fall quarter classes as fall semester. Will this prevent me from being verified? Any repercussions?

Should I withdraw, fix, and resubmit? Or leave it?
Do NOT withdraw your app. Why?
Withdrawing your application is final and cannot be reversed. Once you withdraw it, you may no longer apply for the current application year.

You can send a message to AMCAS about what you noticed, and they might be able to correct it for you.

Go read page 63 of the AMCAS handbook under the heading Academic Change Requests.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Do NOT withdraw your app. Why?
Withdrawing your application is final and cannot be reversed. Once you withdraw it, you may no longer apply for the current application year.

You can send a message to AMCAS about what you noticed, and they might be able to correct it for you.

Go read page 63 of the AMCAS handbook under the heading Academic Change Requests.
Thank you so much! Do I need to wait until I am verified to do this? I cannot find the link

Members don't see this ad :)
App just got verified! The courses that I had accidentally put as a semester rather than quarter got updated to quarter but there is an 'X' instead of an '/' next to those courses under the category "AMCAS Use". Do I need them to reverify these courses? Or recompute the GPA/hours? I can attach snapshots if that is easier??

App just got verified! The courses that I had accidentally put as a semester rather than quarter got updated to quarter but there is an 'X' instead of an '/' next to those courses under the category "AMCAS Use". Do I need them to reverify these courses? Or recompute the GPA/hours? I can attach snapshots if that is easier??
Look at page 62 AMCAS manual under "Verification"
/ means a course was verified without corrections
X means it was verified, with corrections.

You are good, they corrected it for you!