AMA: I was accepted to schools w/ low gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Everyone I know that applied to Pharm School got in (11). Some had solid GPAs, but half of them had sub 3.4 and two had sub 3.0 gpa's. It's also worth mentioning that they were required to have NO letters of rec, and NO experience. I was under the impression that this Pharmacy School in particular was just especially forgiving to applicants, but it's obvious that it's a systemic issue. I was recently accepted into an MD school with a BCPM 3.7+ , 100's of hours of experience, and a solid MCAT. Those stats, believe it or not, were on the lower end of the spectrum of accepted applicants. Personally, I have a great respect for pharmacists, and I believe that they play an important role in the healthcare system. However, there is an obvious problem at hand, and it needs addressing. PharmD=Phake Doctor, maybe it's just the way I'm reading, but I don't think there's any reason to be so demeaning towards the field itself. Cheers! "Everybody love everybody!".

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have a low gpa but I will become a pharmacist one day.

mark my words dreamkillers

I have a low gpa but I will become a pharmacist one day.

mark my words dreamkillers

I am currently finishing my prerequisites to apply to ULM Pharmacy. I am in my 6th semester with a 2.594 but if I make a good chunk of A's in the rest of my prerequisites I can finish with a 3.0. I currently have no experience but looking for work at walgreens/cvs as a pharmacy technician.

One and a half years later...

My stats are a bit worse(2.3 science,45 pcat).. So I'm kind of in the same situation you are. I was able to get two interviews though. Some schools won't look at your application if your gpa is not pass the requirement. So if you really wanna do pharmacy; just keep applying and try. That's what I'll be doing. Good luck!

I hope you'll follow through with your words this time. Did you end up getting experience as a pharmacy technician?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, do you mind if I pm you regarding on the interview process?