Am I on the right track to take the revised MCAT?

premed freshmen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am a pre-med freshman and I ran into a small problem. For some reason, my school is forcing me to take Biology this year then Chem and Physics sophomore year followed by Orgo junior year. This sequence would work perfectly for the old MCAT, however, I'm supposed to take the MCAT June 2018. The revised MCAT has a lot of biochem which I cannot take until having completed Orgo. I really do not want to apply to med school a year late so any suggestions on how to work my schedule out?

Members don't see this ad.

How/why is your school forcing you to take classes at a certain time? That seems a bit ridiculous on their part. If they won't allow you any flexibility, you might have to look into summer classes so that you can take Biochem spring semester of your junior year. I would not recommend taking the new MCAT without it. I hope you can get everything figured out!
PS. Taking a gap year isn't the end of the world. I chose to take a year off to recoup, save money, and get married. I don't regret it for a second!

The school is taking your money. You need to consult the academic counselor who schedules classes, or her boss. If that doesn't work, go to the dean of the college. Mention withdrawing, just mention it, don't do it. It may help you get some way and sympathy.

Reactions: 1 user