Am I being ghosted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fogandmoss

Reaction score
I’ve only had an interview invite from one school so far and I’m concerned that this is a bad sign. My secondaries were marked as complete in early august (with the exception of Touro because of their delayed secondary). My stats are 508 MCAT, overall gpa 3.8, and sgpa 3.75. It’s hard to keep up hope when the interview season is so far along. Any thoughts/words of advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I had 1 interview invite at this time last year. Ended up getting accepted to 4 schools and turning down another interview. All those other invites came in January-February. It doesn't hurt to reach out and express interest.

Reactions: 4 users
Thank u so much! It really helps to hear that. Can u explain what you mean by reach out? Like send an email or call? I worry that contacting them will seem like nagging

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank u so much! It really helps to hear that. Can u explain what you mean by reach out? Like send an email or call? I worry that contacting them will seem like nagging
Email individually. You aren't being annoying unless you call after you email and then you keep doing it every week. Don't be that person.

Read "While You Are Waiting" (link in signature below).

I’ve only had an interview invite from one school so far and I’m concerned that this is a bad sign. My secondaries were marked as complete in early august (with the exception of Touro because of their delayed secondary). My stats are 508 MCAT, overall gpa 3.8, and sgpa 3.75. It’s hard to keep up hope when the interview season is so far along. Any thoughts/words of advice?
Patience is a virtue.

During the Roman empire, the emperor would ride around in a chariot during a parade in Triumph after some victory, and to keep him grounded in reality, a slave would whisper in his ear "remember you are mortal."

So even though the following advice will upset some tender snowflakes, I advise you to remember that you are rejected until you get that acceptance email in your inbox. On top of that 60% of all applicants do not get into medical school in the app cycle

Thus, the smartest and healthiest thing that you can do now is to work on your app for the next cycle.

Reactions: 3 users
Your stats are competitive for just about every DO program. I bet you'll have success, but maybe have someone look at your writing. Do you have enough shadowing, research, volunteering, and clinical experience? Maybe you can start working on one of those areas.

Reactions: 1 user
Your stats are competitive for just about every DO program. I bet you'll have success, but maybe have someone look at your writing. Do you have enough shadowing, research, volunteering, and clinical experience? Maybe you can start working on one of those areas.

Thank you for the advice! Yeah, I was thinking it must be my writing or that I don't have enough volunteering. I have a lot of clinical and research experience and a bit of shadowing.

Reactions: 1 user