Am I being ghosted ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confuzzledmed

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So in late April the DO I was shadowing offered to write me a recommendation letter. She insisted without me even having to ask first . Since then I sent her everything she asked me to send her , but I have not heard back. I have sent a couple text messages since , but still no response. Idk if I’m being paranoid and impatient , but I really need this letter for my re-app this cycle especially since my application I already complete and ready to send out . And the thought of finding a new DO to shadow is worrisome because it took me forever to find this one. Am I being ghosted right now or am I overthinking this ?

Members don't see this ad.

So in late April the DO I was shadowing offered to write me a recommendation letter. She insisted without me even having to ask first . Since then I sent her everything she asked me to send her , but I have not heard back. I have sent a couple text messages since , but still no response. Idk if I’m being paranoid and impatient , but I really need this letter for my re-app this cycle especially since my application I already complete and ready to send out . And the thought of finding a new DO to shadow is worrisome because it took me forever to find this one. Am I being ghosted right now or am I overthinking this ?

See if you can leave a message with the office folks. They could deliver it and let you know. Or you could just meet the DO in person (or atleast their office front desk).

It's better she writes the letter sooner so she doesn't forgot you.

See if you can leave a message with the office folks. They could deliver it and let you know. Or you could just meet the DO in person (or atleast their office front desk).

It's better she writes the letter sooner so she doesn't forgot you.

I’m no longer around the area where I shadowed the DO ... I live over 15 hours away, so I can’t visit her personally . I mean I have her personal email and phone number , will reaching out to the office get her to answer??? It seems like a lot given that I reached out in email and text already

Members don't see this ad :)
Same scenario happened to me last year. I was waiting for months to get this letter that he offered to write. I was beginning to get worried when I learned that the physician had a PA student with him. So long story short she wrote the letter for him within 24 hours and he signed it. Find out if she has an office secretary or student with her and maybe they can expidite the process like in my situation. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
So , I have called the called the doctors office and left messages through her secretary and sent another email but I still have not heard from the DO. At this point I’m accepting it for what it is and it’s clear she does not want to write the letter for whatever reason. I just don’t know what to do now for my application especially since I’m reapplying and I didn’t have one last cycle. I don’t want to hold off on sending out my application because of this. Idk what I should do and how I’m going to find another DO short notice .

So , I have called the called the doctors office and left messages through her secretary and sent another email but I still have not heard from the DO. At this point I’m accepting it for what it is and it’s clear she does not want to write the letter for whatever reason. I just don’t know what to do now for my application especially since I’m reapplying and I didn’t have one last cycle. I don’t want to hold off on sending out my application because of this. Idk what I should do and how I’m going to find another DO short notice .

In a last ditch effort, could you offer to write the letter to send to her? Writing your own letter sucks but she would be reviewing/editing it before signing and removes the burden from her (assuming that’s why she’s ignoring you).

In a last ditch effort, could you offer to write the letter to send to her? Writing your own letter sucks but she would be reviewing/editing it before signing and removes the burden from her (assuming that’s why she’s ignoring you).
Yeah I have offered that option and even said she could send it in a later date if she needed time . Idk the doctors issue.

Yeah I have offered that option and even said she could send it in a later date if she needed time . Idk the doctors issue.

Please do not do this. Some will take offense to the offer.