Alternative choices to MD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amelie_1010

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a lot of time. Ace junior / senior years, ace the Mcat, volunteer clinically, nonclinically, and with underserved populations and you have a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
A 'U' trend in grades is normal as med schools account for organic chemistry! Your dip is lower than most examples I've seen but not only do I believe you can get your GPA back up, it's rather common. You aren't alone. Take a breather this summer and maybe self-study a bit (and review the classes you did poorly in for the MCAT). You got this!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had pretty much identical stats at a similar point in time in undergrad after I took on far too many credits in addition to my job. I will be starting my MD program in a few months! Just buckle down, don't stress, and this should just be a bump in the road not an insurmountable obstacle...good luck!

You'll know if you are competitive for MD after this semester. If you actually got your grades where you are hoping, that's a great sign!

If analytical chemistry is through the chemistry department, it is part of your sGPA.