Already started studing for April 2005 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gildas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it a good thing?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on how you go about studying. If you compare it to taking a class, think about why the class only lasts like 10 weeks (circa), its because if you spend years preparing for it, you might forget everything come test time. However, if you have the time to study, and you study diligently, not going balls-to-the-wall this early, i feel it can be done, it all depends on how much you focus your attention, which might be hard being that the test is a year down the line.

IndyZX said:
you wont keep it up.

Yea, i agree, i was trying to sound positive, but the truth is, youll burn out, begin to resent the entire medical field, and then become a malpractice lawyer who enjoys F***ing with all Drs, and all b/c you started studying too early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Way too early, there isn't that much material on the MCAT. Maybe what you could do is just go through your review books a couple times before you actually start studying (Christmas or January?) nothing too in depth, just kind of reintroduce yourself to the material so that when you start studying it will be somewhat fresh. But you definitely don't want to start hardcore right now. Personally, I would just enjoy my summer.

the funny thing is you wont even burn out -- you simply wont be able to motivate yourself to study hard enough to get burnt out.

instead, you'll read the a few chapters for each science section, feel good, and then pretty much stop.

Thanks guys for your input.
Actually I was just going over chapters in Kaplan comprehensive review book.

gildas said:
Is it a good thing?

The commercial prep courses span 10 weeks for good reason--thats about the amount of time where you can study hard and be peaking come test time.

I would just concentrate on your pre-reqs and maybe casually listen to some Audio Osmosis here and there.

-tx

I tried to start last summer. That lasted for all of three weeks. It really is too early if you are going to take it in April. I would start over winter break if I were you.

hell, i tried to start studying winter break for april '04 and i STILL couldn't keep it up! even when i started with TPR in january i was like, "damn, i'm not going to remember this sh.t come april anyway. what i need to be doing is getting some use out of those PS2 games i got for christmas."

in short, don't do it. put the gun down. walk away.