Albany College of Pharmacy (ACPHS) Colchester, VT Class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you end up getting an interview for Albany campus as a transfer?

Members don't see this ad.

I know ACPHS has a great reputation, but I'm not so sure about the VT campus. Anytime sometimes is called a "Satellite" campus, it makes me think distance learning with lectures pipped in from the main campus. I may be jumping to huge conclusions. But point being I wasn't interested in going to VT anyway lol.

Yeah kinda pissed Albany even takes my money, but o well. My fault. You never know. I just don't get it, a few years back 2 of my friends both transferred there from FL, 1 had a BA or BS, not sure. The other was like 1 semester short of her BS. So it's not like the even transferred to the pre-professional and then when P1, they went into P1.
Did you end up still getting an interview for Albany campus?

congrats :) join the facebook group if u want to share some information

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get accepted to Albany Campus?

HI yes i got accepted into the albany campus and attending...so most 3rd yr pharm students live in the Holland/Princeton or the ones on campus such as south hall???

Did anyone get into the albany campus NY into the third year and is looking for a roommate??

Is there a facebook group for the 2015 ACPHS-Albany Campus?

HI yes i got accepted into the albany campus and attending...so most 3rd yr pharm students live in the Holland/Princeton or the ones on campus such as south hall???
When did you interview? When did you hear back from them? :)

I got accepted to Albany Campus as a transfer student.
Anyone looking for roommate?
But I am not sure about living on camp or off camp.:confused:

I got accepted to Albany Campus as a transfer student.
Anyone looking for roommate?
But I am not sure about living on camp or off camp.:confused:

I got accepted to the albany campus as a transfer. when did u find out you got accepted, when was ur interview date?
I am on the waiting list for holland/princeton suites and iam gona apply to live in the university heights buildings...did u sign up for housing yet??

congrats btw!!!

Did anyone make a fb group for the albany campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted to the albany campus as a transfer. when did u find out you got accepted, when was ur interview date?
I am on the waiting list for holland/princeton suites and iam gona apply to live in the university heights buildings...did u sign up for housing yet??

congrats btw!!!
I got an interview in March. And I got the offer a week after the interview.
But after deposit, I did not hear anything until recently financial office asks me to fill up forms. So I've not gone to the housing step yet. How's urs?

But after deposit, I did not hear anything until recently financial office asks me to fill up forms. So I've not gone to the housing step yet. How's urs?

YEAH same here!! I gave in the deposit, than I got an email saying Ill hear from them soon with more information, this was like 2 weeks ago..
I am on the waiting list for both the holland/princeton suites and the University heights buildings..mostly all P1 students and above live in those but they are all full as of now, hopefully a new space will open up...are you planning to live on campus??

YEAH same here!! I gave in the deposit, than I got an email saying Ill hear from them soon with more information, this was like 2 weeks ago..
I am on the waiting list for both the holland/princeton suites and the University heights buildings..mostly all P1 students and above live in those but they are all full as of now, hopefully a new space will open up...are you planning to live on campus??
I think so, if they have space for transfer student like us, coz I am not familiar with the area. But they did not say anything about the buildings that you said. So I guess they will put me on the bottom of the list, or even did not put me in the list.
I think I have do some research for the off-camp living.

I think so, if they have space for transfer student like us, coz I am not familiar with the area. But they did not say anything about the buildings that you said. So I guess they will put me on the bottom of the list, or even did not put me in the list.
I think I have do some research for the off-camp living.

I am not either..there are applications online for both of these buildings..i wont have a car, so oncampus housing is like the only option for me, hopefully a spot opens up. I got the conformation that they recieved my deposit like 3 weeks ago but didnt get anything else in the mail since then...

I am not either..there are applications online for both of these buildings..i wont have a car, so oncampus housing is like the only option for me, hopefully a spot opens up. I got the conformation that they recieved my deposit like 3 weeks ago but didnt get anything else in the mail since then...
I have a car, but I've never heard the applications of dorm before. Did u fill it up?

Oh, I found the website, by the way, it said there is a mandatory $200 Application Fee. I am not sure if I should apply for it.

Hey, current off campus ACPHS - Albany student here. If anyone is interested in off campus housing feel free to message me or see my post in the classifieds (under Albany Medical College).

Good luck next year, maybe we'll have a class together ;)

Hi, I'm hoping someone on this forum can clear some things up for me before I start panicking.

I've decided to attend ACPHS's Vermont campus and sent in my deposit. I've gotten an email from Donna Myers saying that the deposit was received, along with my deposit form (Late May). However, I have yet to hear from the school since. I've sent Donna Myers a couple of emails concerning transcript questions, but she has not replied to them although she's been fairly prompt to my other emails concerning my deposit before. I would call, but I'm actually in the UK right now on vacation. Are they just really really busy or is something else going on? I'm just worried that I might have missed some kind of deadline and was dropped...but I'm sure they would have sent me several emails concerning any important information.

Thanks!!!!

Hi, I'm hoping someone on this forum can clear some things up for me before I start panicking.

I've decided to attend ACPHS's Vermont campus and sent in my deposit. I've gotten an email from Donna Myers saying that the deposit was received, along with my deposit form (Late May). However, I have yet to hear from the school since. I've sent Donna Myers a couple of emails concerning transcript questions, but she has not replied to them although she's been fairly prompt to my other emails concerning my deposit before. I would call, but I'm actually in the UK right now on vacation. Are they just really really busy or is something else going on? I'm just worried that I might have missed some kind of deadline and was dropped...but I'm sure they would have sent me several emails concerning any important information.

Thanks!!!!

I can tell you that when I was accepted and sent in my deposit and what not in 2009 they didn't send me any information about what I needed to do(besides laptops) until July.

Does anyone know if it is mandatory to purchase a laptop from the school even if you already own a laptop? Also, what kind of laptop is used by the school?

Does anyone know if it is mandatory to purchase a laptop from the school even if you already own a laptop? Also, what kind of laptop is used by the school?

No, it's not mandatory to purchase from the school - but I recommend it. Whatever laptop you get has to be a tablet(so unless the laptop you own is a tablet, yes you have to purchase one). Whenever there is something wrong with my laptop, I can head over to IT and have it fixed within the day(most cases). If you drop your laptop, or spill something on it, you will be covered as well. It is also easier to have the laptop everyone else uses because you know that everything at the school is compatible with it. If you're doing a presentation or something and hooking into the system, other students will be able to more easily help you since they have the same laptop too.

I believe the current computer, which I use is an HP Elitebook. No idea if they changed it for the incoming class or not.

HELLO EVERYONE

just wondering if anyone has heard anything back for housing if your on the waiting list for the holland princeton suites or UHCS...I am researching any offcampus housing apts. near campus, walking distance if anyone is interested please let me know

hey i wanted to what kind of gpa, pcat and other things you have done to get in to albanyit would be a great help as im planning to apply to albany next application cycle

Hi Hi. I am newbie, but I did get accepted to ACPHS (Albany campus) as a transfer and I will be going. I got accepted a month or so ago but really no notification till these past few weeks. Just seems like I missed the ball :sleep: on dorm room applications and so now I'm wait listed for that. :xf::mad:

So now I'm hoping some one has some ideas on off campus places. I'm doing some research, but as I live out in California currently, its not like I can visit the apartments willy nilly. So if anyone has some experiences or tips on decent places close to campus, that would be awesome.

Hope to see some of you guys on campus during fall. Peace

Current ACPHS-Albany in campus student. Look forward to see some new faces next yr ;)