Army AKO e-mail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adlogin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I commissioned with Army for my dental HPSP scholarship last month. I was told to register for MODS, which I did, but I can't access MODS without my AKO e-mail. How do I go about setting it up or should my recruiting office do that for me? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I commissioned with Army for my dental HPSP scholarship last month. I was told to register for MODS, which I did, but I can't access MODS without my AKO e-mail. How do I go about setting it up or should my recruiting office do that for me? Thanks!

Go here: https://www.us.army.mil/suite/login/welcome.html

Click "I Accept"
Click "I don't have a CAC/PIV" tab
Under "New to AKO? Sign Up" click "Create Account"
Follow the instructions from there.

Thank you. I think I may want to talk to my recruiter about this because when I follow the instructions from there I get the message "We could not find your information in our personnel system, which means that you are not eligible for an unsponsored account." Also, I am not sure what a sponsor is and what account type I should select.

Members don't see this ad :)
Then I would contact your recruiter as they may have forgotten to add you in the system or you're still being processed for it. You'll initially receive a sponsored account but after awhile can upgrade to an unsponsored (full) account.

Last edited:
STOP!

Do not under any circumstance allow your recuiter to set you up with a sponsored account. It will only bring significant trouble down the road. A sponsored account will last 90 days and then expire. At that point you are no longer the recruiter's responsibilty or he may move on in his career and there will be nobody to renew the account.

Call the HPSP Student Management Office at 877-MED-ARMY. Tell them your issue and they will tell you how to get into the DEERS system so that AKO will "see" you.

STOP!

Do not under any circumstance allow your recuiter to set you up with a sponsored account. It will only bring significant trouble down the road. A sponsored account will last 90 days and then expire. At that point you are no longer the recruiter's responsibilty or he may move on in his career and there will be nobody to renew the account.

Call the HPSP Student Management Office at 877-MED-ARMY. Tell them your issue and they will tell you how to get into the DEERS system so that AKO will "see" you.

My recruiter initially set me up with a sponsored account back when I commissioned at the end of February so I could get access to many things such as MODS, FSTS, etc. After my records were all verified, the AKO site notified me that I could upgrade to an unsponsored (full) account which I did with no issue. That's just my situation though.

EDIT from last post: I got sponsored and unsponsored mixed up, fixed it though.

Last edited:
Just to update this thread. I did initially have my recruiter sponsor my AKO account, but the same day I was also able to upgrade to an unsponsored account on the AKO system.