AI for clinical notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted131481

Anyone using AI to generate clinical notes? My understanding is it listens to your visit and transcribes it. I have heard good things about GetFreed. Our hospital is trialing DAX copilot.

With my templates I copy and paste relevant info from my old notes and takes me about 3 min typing for follow-up and 5 mins for new. At least that's a guess, I think I'll time myself to see. Usually I do about half the documentation while patient is in the room and finish as they are checking oit6. Not sure if AI would save me any time if I have to edit it.

Members don't see this ad.

I signed up for a pilot program

I’m a little more concerned about HIPAA. I’m sure like everything else, the de-identified data is going to be sold

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone using AI to generate clinical notes? My understanding is it listens to your visit and transcribes it. I have heard good things about GetFreed. Our hospital is trialing DAX copilot.

With my templates I copy and paste relevant info from my old notes and takes me about 3 min typing for follow-up and 5 mins for new. At least that's a guess, I think I'll time myself to see. Usually I do about half the documentation while patient is in the room and finish as they are checking oit6. Not sure if AI would save me any time if I have to edit it.
I tried a virtual scribe from the Philippines this week.Her english was unfortunately quite poor so that didn't work out. I also tried Freed. It seems a bit basic to me but perhaps the pro version has more capabilities?

Out of interest, how are you able to do your new consults in 5 minutes? How long are they? Are you typing? Using Dragon? Sounds awesome!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I tried a virtual scribe from the Philippines this week.Her english was unfortunately quite poor so that didn't work out. I also tried Freed. It seems a bit basic to me but perhaps the pro version has more capabilities?

Out of interest, how are you able to do your new consults in 5 minutes? How long are they? Are you typing? Using Dragon? Sounds awesome!
New visits are 30 min and follow up 15 min. I was referring to orders and documentation specifically taking 3 and 5 mins . I'd guess actual visit time is 10 and 20 min respectively. I am sure I'm on the slower end on this board.

I signed up for a pilot program

I’m a little more concerned about HIPAA. I’m sure like everything else, the de-identified data is going to be sold

That's what I would do. In fact, if you have your own EHR data or archived medical records, I'd start vectorizing it and loading it into an LLM and start trainig it.

I'm not entirely sure what an AI would provide that a well set-up note template and dot phrases wouldn't.

Reactions: 1 user
I did a demo with deepscribe. Seemed interesting but never pulled the trigger. Was ~$750/month with 1 year commitment required.

I am still looking for something to make me more efficient, but have a hard time finding anything faster than dictating to my phone for 90 seconds after every patient. I get hit hard later on when I have to put in orders/apply for procedures and lock notes at the end of the day which AI can’t help with….yet.