Aga Khan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vaxop

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here know anything about Aga Khan University?
Is it a better school than St. Georges (in the caribbean)?
How likely will someone be to be able to work in the states with a degree from AKU?

Members don't see this ad.

where is Aga Khan located?

Just a rule of thumb, if it's named Aga Khan it's probably not very good.

Members don't see this ad :)
How likely will someone be to be able to work in the states with a degree from AKU?

I would never go to St. Georges, but at least I've heard of it... that's more than I can say about Aga Kahn.

Aga Kahn is in Pakistan and supposedly has fairly modern facilities and curriculum. Then again, this is by Pakistan standards...

Aga Khan is in Karachi, Pakistan. To the original poster, I know a couple of people who lived in Pakistan, went to Aga Khan, and are now practicing in the U.S. From what I've heard they've got a good med school and hospital. However, Pakistan's med schools don't require a Bachelors degree. I don't think it's a good idea to go there if you got your undergrad from a U.S. school and have the chance to get into a U.S. med school (just my two cents).

If your'e gonna go something foreign like that you might as well go carrib. I mean atleast ive heard of some carrib schools like Ross U, AUG, AIU, ect... but ive never heard of this university..

Good Luck..

I graduated from AKU in 2004 and its probably the best medical school in Pakistan. A lot of big residency programs here in the US are very familiar with the name of Aga Khan University, most graduates are very well prepared and have gone on to pursue careers at big names like Harvard, Mayo, Columbia, Yale, Baylor and others. They also have excellent boards scores. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

Take care!