AFTER you apply..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jc812

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on applying to some schools this summer, but I plan on graduating Fall '08 (after I apply). After I graduate, I won't have anything to do but sit around and wait for either an interview invite or acceptance.

In the mean time (after I graduate), should I be working on some volunteering, work at a private office, take extra classes. What are some things you guys did? I don't think that these things will do anything for my application anyhow since I would have already applied... or will they?:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I guess it depends on your stats...if you have a good gpa and a good OAT score...then you probably don't have to worry...but I would reccomend you at least shadow or volunteer and get some experience it looks better on you...if your stats are not so great then definately get some experience in

it also depends on the school you apply to, it cant hurt to get some good experience it doesn't look very good if your sitting around doing nothing so volunteer at the least...thats my advice

Hey jc, I graduated in December too. I'm just working right now (for my OD) during my semester off! Some people take a class or two, but I wanted to save up some money for when I move to go to school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess it depends on your stats...if you have a good gpa and a good OAT score...then you probably don't have to worry...but I would reccomend you at least shadow or volunteer and get some experience it looks better on you...if your stats are not so great then definately get some experience in

it also depends on the school you apply to, it cant hurt to get some good experience it doesn't look very good if your sitting around doing nothing so volunteer at the least...thats my advice

I completely agree....good advice :thumbup:

Maybe I'll take an A&P class? People say that I should enjoy my time off before four more years of school!