Has anyone taken back declining an interview? Also, applied to additional schools after initial submission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dajey

Reaction score
So, I got a little excited as the interview extensions were streaming in and declined one of the interviews from a school that was lower on my list. Has anyone ever changed their mind and emailed them back to interview with them?

Also, has anyone applied to additional schools after the initial submission of their OptomCAS? I'm sure the schools know when you initially completed the application and know that you're applying to their school in a secondary manner.

Members don't see this ad.

I've submitted my application to 2 additional schools after my initial submission. For one school I needed more time to complete their other essays, the other was just because it served as a backup for me. I still heard back from one of the schools and the other I just did not continue with the supplemental.

I declined an interview from Western after I got accepted to AZCOPT. Western is still sending me emails asking if I want to reschedule my interview. It probably depends on how many people they have already accepted but I don't think it would hurt to email them and ask to come interview.

Reactions: 1 user