Af Aegd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cfer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AF residency, why? Hey all, I'm in the AF hpsp program (3 year proram) and by June of this year, I will be obligated to apply for residencies through the AF. If I get in, I have the option of declining. The AEGD program is a neutral year, so it wouldn't count as one of my 3 years of commitment. If I did the AEGD, I would be with the AF for a total of 4 years. I have a few questions regarding the residencies --

1) is it worth it? what are the benefits of doing an aegd residency? do you really get a better experience doing the residency than going straight into the military as a general dentist? I thought that the military gives an awesome experience for new grads, so why do a residency?

2) what's the difference in income if you do the AEGD versus working as a gen dentist in the AF?

3) if I want to consider putting 20 years of my time in AF dentistry, does the AEGD count as one of those years?

Any constructive responses would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

See previous entries!