AEGD Eastman Program starting June 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got my rejection yesterday, I knew it was coming...................:(
Good Luck to all who are still waiting:::::::::

Members don't see this ad.

That's sad! But maybe something better fr u!! Wen had u interviewed! I guess I will get mine today or monday!! Wer do u live btw? I mean which state?

don't give up.. keep aiming high and think positive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else received any acceptance/rejection letters??

Got a reply from Mrs. Foy.
She told that there is one position remaining but she doesnt know the name.
The admins had asked her to post some rejections last week. But there are some ppl still left who haven't got their letters/ whose admission decision hasnt been made maybe.

Got a reply from Mrs. Foy.
She told that there is one position remaining but she doesnt know the name.
The admins had asked her to post some rejections last week. But there are some ppl still left who haven't got their letters/ whose admission decision hasnt been made maybe.

Check this thread. Uconn Accepts FTD's For their AEGD! I guess is A good option for us "Eastman" rejects!. Well, not you drfairy since you haven't gotten your verdict. :)

Thanks tony72 for your info!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=708982

hi ist truethat there is over 200 applicant waiting for one position ?

HI Dr Shinwari....

have you hear anything about Eastman???? any news??? nobody post anything anymore.....

take care

Smileface

HI Dr Shinwari....

have you hear anything about Eastman???? any news??? nobody post anything anymore.....

take care

Smileface

nop.last time I tokd to her a week ago;same answer that I hv been getting for the last couple f months..""1 seat left and list is not finalised ,donno how long will it take ""

Anybody accepted?
:confused:

Well I tokd to Ms foy again last wk and this time she told me that they will conclude the process in 2 weeks.Also one good news for all of those who are waiting;she told me that they have opened a new facility for emergency care and that might mean more acceptances.But the number of additional positions for that facility was not decided until last wk but she expected that it will also be decided in the coming weeks.. :xf::xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your response Shinwari, lets hope for new positions.:xf::xf::xf: Thanks again.:thumbup:

This is the longest wait ever. May 3rd is the day. Wow... it will be so hard for acceptant who has to move with their families in a short period of time from acceptance to the day school starts....

I recieved an email from Mrs Foy and the "The administrator" told her that they are still finalizing the numbers that they can accommodate. We should know within the next few weeks. :scared:

@ pit,
I hope its not just 1 or 2.. and dat dey atleast take in 4-6 ppl!! Just a hope!Cz its been a lonnnnnngggggggg waiting time!

What do you think are the most important factors that EASTMAN considers to accept new residents each year?

Has anybody been accepted around here yet? if so, please raise your hand!

G'day sdners

What do you think are the most important factors that EASTMAN considers to accept new residents each year?

Has anybody been accepted around here yet? if so, please raise your hand!

G'day sdners

Luck,and having the stars aligned. They most likely interview everybody with or without the boards that I'm sure but as far as what they want, it's kindy tricky.

After being interviewed there and given the boot afterwards I came to the conclusion that you have to say the magic word for them to be interested. Mind you, I spoke with other doctors and made the same mistake as I.
What's that magic word in addition to everything else posted previously(liking research, maybe having a post-graduate degree)?

PM me, let's chat!

@ all..
This is the reply I got from Mrs. Foy,
There is no opening fr us in d new clinic.

General Dentistry is still finalizing the number of residents they can accommodate.

sorry i dont understand what she is saying.......???

There is no opening fr us in d new clinic.

does she mean that the clinic isnt still open? or they dont have new residents ??? WHEN did she send you this?

She said the new urgent care facility that has opened has only current staff and students shifted there and they arent selecting any new students for the facility in contradiction to what was earlier said on this thread.
Don't know till when we have to wait. Classes maybe begin from June like they did last year.

I just can't help to laugh with this matter... I am sorry guys, but this is the most confusing ever... it takes so long to decide....

i still can't understand their criteria for calling people for interview[schedule your own interview?...i think there should be a more reasonable way of doing that,that can save people lot of money to travel etc] Did they actually select anyone this year from sdner's? I hope they will change their approach from next year.Anyways good luck to everyone for future endeavours!

I went there 2 times last time for interview, I got rejected on one, still waiting for another. I spent a fortune for these 2 trips :) I might have to come again for another additional interview, which I would not go.

any news ? i called like 2 weeks ago, and the same as always.....they are still ending the process...

I was checking website of this program.Is there any tution fee for AEGD program for international dentists.I can see other speciality's but not for this.If someone know the link,please post it here.thanks a lot
:love:

hey this may sound like a really stupid/irrelevant question but ill ask anyways. I have a BDS degree from India and if i were to get accepted in an AEGD program, what type of degree would i receive after completion of the program?? thanks

@ sadaf: No tuition fees for AEGD rochester.
@ bds05: You wud get AEGD and not dds/dmd (if ur referring to that).

@ all.. who have been waiting:
The rules for admission for next year (2011) have changed!! From the website you can find the application is available. Deadline is again 1 sept. But this time they are going to review applicants and then call for interview..
Application fee- 175$. Dont rembr how much it was last year though...
Interviews of selected candidates will be from Sept to Dec.
No other news regarding the present admissions!

Please , can somebody tell how many students are accepted roughly each year into this program ?

Thankyou in advance :)

Thanks Dr.Fairy.
If you or someone else can confirm this that Is this program acceptable to get license in other states too.:love:

Hi, I just want to express my consern regarding the AEGD program at Rochester. I live in New York (BX) and while studing for NDBE part I I took the bus, next to me sat a lady and she looked that I was reading an old test. She said to me that she is a FTD and that she was moving to Rochester next week 'cause she got acepted in an AEGD program in Rochester. WHAT?? I didnt say a thing, This is the same program I have applied twice, and still haven't receive a rejection letter for this year application... which start in June in 2 weeks, is this normal? I have a family and I've been waiting for their response to plan our next step. It will be nice if I can get a response, after all I paid the application fee too. Does anybody knows how many applicants are in this program? are they already selected or is this a way of Eastman to get funds for research. and by the way the emergency care is a great way to get fundings if you don't belive me find out how much Medicaid pay for emergencies and do the numbers... I hope I'm wrong and this is just part of the desperate need of an answer. please comments are welcome. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi, I just want to express my consern regarding the AEGD program at Rochester. I live in New York (BX) and while studing for NDBE part I I took the bus, next to me sat a lady and she looked that I was reading an old test. She said to me that she is a FTD and that she was moving to Rochester next week 'cause she got acepted in an AEGD program in Rochester. WHAT?? I didnt say a thing, This is the same program I have applied twice, and still haven't receive a rejection letter for this year application... which start in June in 2 weeks, is this normal? I have a family and I've been waiting for their response to plan our next step. It will be nice if I can get a response, after all I paid the application fee too. Does anybody knows how many applicants are in this program? are they already selected or is this a way of Eastman to get funds for research. and by the way the emergency care is a great way to get fundings if you don't belive me find out how much Medicaid pay for emergencies and do the numbers... I hope I'm wrong and this is just part of the desperate need of an answer. please comments are welcome. Thank you.

is this a way of Eastman to get funds for research....may be
i can understand your situation.:)
Did you ask her wht is her states,experience and other addtional qualifications?

The process of accepting is done few weeks ago. I don't think they sent rejection letters to everyone. I had the same experience from Oklahoma, too. They didn't send me rejection letter.

To every one who is in my situation I want to recomend a video from you tube called "Life is like a cup of coffee" a wonderful message for people who give the best and no matter how good you are to other is not good enough, I'm a dental assistant showing/teaching doctors (graduated from US accredited schools) my knowledge on how to be better clinicians and human beings. my job as a dental assistant is just a plain cup.:)
Specially dedicated to Dr. Fairy, Blissonearth, GDCH and anyone who wants to share the coffee! :)

Thnkuuuu Pit!!! Awesum video!! Brought a nice big smile :)
Kudos to u!

Hi everyone,
i am planning to apply for 2011 at eastman for aegd. i just want to know what are my chances of getting in....
i got 90 in nbde part 1, ECE Gpa 3.5 and U.S dental school gpa currently is 3.4
will graduate from BU in may 2011...

thanks....

To every one who is in my situation I want to recomend a video from you tube called "Life is like a cup of coffee" a wonderful message for people who give the best and no matter how good you are to other is not good enough, I'm a dental assistant showing/teaching doctors (graduated from US accredited schools) my knowledge on how to be better clinicians and human beings. my job as a dental assistant is just a plain cup.:)
Specially dedicated to Dr. Fairy, Blissonearth, GDCH and anyone who wants to share the coffee! :)

Thank's so much for this wonderfull inspirational video Pit. Don't give up friends, lets continue forward to reach our dream.
Was a plasure to share this forum with you guys.
Good luck.:thumbup:

got a reply from Mrs Foy.
Selection is finished already!....=( she said she just learned that on Friday.
Im sad!!! but we have to move on!!!:..... good luck to everyone .....
see you around!!!

:( Sad!!! Very sad!! But it always happens for the best!! Can't do anything about it now! U guys trying for next year?

I am also comparatively new as some of you guys !!! I also am planning for Eastman AEGD for 2011... I have just applied ECE for my GPA... I have Master's degree in Oral surgery from India and 3 years of Teaching BDS students in India. I only have one publication besides my dissertation while doing my MDS, and this publication has jot got accepted after peer reviewed. I also have a family with a 2 1/2 yr old daughter... I am a green card holder..... just asking... what will be my chance if I appply??? This may sound silly... but still asking....thank you all in Advance:)

Thank you pit for the video. Good luck to you

I got my rejection letter yesterday, it was the same letter I received a year ago, nice words... but not the ones I was expecting, well I tried again and I'm proud of those like me who tried, spended money and time dreaming of getting accepted to finally get rejected. Life goes on and there are new things to learn in life. To those accepted congratulations!

So they are still sending rejections.. I tought I was the only one who got rejection..
Cheer up all, & let us try another program.........
Good luck to all