AEGD Eastman Program starting June 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

old state

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi people,
Anybody received an acceptance for program starting 2010?

I am aware that there is another thread by this name, but the people who started it are already in the program, that was a thread started two years ago.
It is creating a lot of confusion and hard to keep track of people who got accepted for the program starting June 2010.

Any interview dates for that period?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Interviews in 2009 for the 2010 admission cycle:

Oct 8: matalin6
Oct 27: nbde, ident, blissonearth
Nov 3: greeny, raj 26
Dec 1: dr fairy

Any other interviews?

i got my interview on setp 22........ we were like 20 people in the waiting roon..... what about you guys?

Members don't see this ad :)
i got my interview on setp 22........ we were like 20 people in the waiting roon..... what about you guys?

I guess that is the list of people with potential interviews.
So what @ the interview time? Is it first come first interview kind of thing?
How does the process work, can you elaborate it a bit?

Hi smileface, can you tell us your experience on the interview ? Thanks much!

they will just ask for personal stuff..... like why this university and why should we pick you in this program........ no more, very relaxing but at the same time it is ugly not to know what is going on until january. I had my interview on Sept so the waiting time is killing me!!!!!!
Since all the questions are relaxing you cant tell if they like you or not. They are nice with everyone there..... good luck with all of you!

they will just ask for personal stuff..... like why this university and why should we pick you in this program........ no more, very relaxing but at the same time it is ugly not to know what is going on until january. I had my interview on Sept so the waiting time is killing me!!!!!!
Since all the questions are relaxing you cant tell if they like you or not. They are nice with everyone there..... good luck with all of you!

Thanks a ton smileface. I am sure you must have applied somewhere else too and maybe you hear from them before Eastman! I agree waiting kills. I have interview coming up soon and I am a bit relieved now, after seeing your post.

Hey good luck for tomorrow matalin6, keep us posted :)

Last edited:
Adding on to this from the other post-thread

Nov 3: greeny, raj 26, **** (nov- date??)

Any other interviews?

Confused tooth wen's ur interview?

Thank you so much, smileyface. I have another question, do they ask about research or interest in research ?

Hi guys my interview date is Nov 3
Good luck to everybody.:)

oct 8: matalin6
Oct 13: confused tooth
oct 27:nbde, ident, blissonearth, erolb morf
nov 3: greeny, raj26, ****
dec 1: dr fairy

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)

Nov 3: greeny, raj 26

Any other interviews?
Have u applied for both AEGD and PROSTHO. program at rochester ? My interview is on 15 oct. n nt 27 th oct.

:) hi everyone sorry to get back here late, anyways iam done with my interview last oct.8, and i would say 20 people was supposed to get an interview but 4 did not show up. I was the last person to get interviewed so as every one left the room i got to see the excitement. Dr. Malmstrom interviewed me first roughly 20 to 30 mins. then back to the conference room and Dr. Yunker (ass. prof.) and Ms. Rosenbloom (administrator) are the last 2 who interviewed me. Questions are all personal and details from the day you graduated from dental school up to your present status. Ms. Fine is accomodating as well, i would remind you guys that she is the executive sec. so just a tip, be nice to her. My call time is 11am but i got done with the interview around 1pm and luckily i met with some residents that are so awsome, from my country and i got to shadow until 5pm so its along day. Its true that 400 applicants applied but i think that only few people got the interview since its a limited slot. I guess its all about submitting early application, and getting a slot for interview date. Residents are all nice, and i got to see the whole section of the opertory and met some of the staff. Good luck to everyone and GODspeed!:love:

:) hi everyone sorry to get back here late, anyways iam done with my interview last oct.8, and i would say 20 people was supposed to get an interview but 4 did not show up. I was the last person to get interviewed so as every one left the room i got to see the excitement. Dr. Malmstrom interviewed me first roughly 20 to 30 mins. then back to the conference room and Dr. Yunker (ass. prof.) and Ms. Rosenbloom (administrator) are the last 2 who interviewed me. Questions are all personal and details from the day you graduated from dental school up to your present status. Ms. Fine is accomodating as well, i would remind you guys that she is the executive sec. so just a tip, be nice to her. My call time is 11am but i got done with the interview around 1pm and luckily i met with some residents that are so awsome, from my country and i got to shadow until 5pm so its along day. Its true that 400 applicants applied but i think that only few people got the interview since its a limited slot. I guess its all about submitting early application, and getting a slot for interview date. Residents are all nice, and i got to see the whole section of the opertory and met some of the staff. Good luck to everyone and GODspeed!:love:

Hey matalin6, thanks for the update !

Have u applied for both AEGD and PROSTHO. program at rochester ? My interview is on 15 oct. n nt 27 th oct.

nope, only to AEGD, next year I am applying for Prostho, why?
I thought Rochester Prostho interviews are done ( wasn't Oct 2 their last interview batch?, huum, I might be getting a bit confused with the dates then)

Hi All,

Can anyone have an clue apart from EDC ,any other schools will allow International trained dentists to pursue their career for the year 2010.EDC is very very competetive.Once you send u r application u have to receive an ackowledgement from them , then u can set for an interview Appt, which makes sence.But here u apply and call for Interview appt.How can we know wether they received and gone through our application and tabled it..With out any information regarding our application how we can call and ask for appointment.But thats how it works in EDC.The whole world is different and EDC is different.I am not cursing anybody here.They are very good,Friendly but i saying about the application process

Anyway can one have a clue which other schools have this program and last date for application process.Thank you.U r response will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Can anyone have an clue apart from EDC ,anyother schools will allow International trained dentists to pursue their career for the year 2010.EDC is very very competetive.At the same time they are taking too much advantage of ITD.Once you send u r application u have to receive an ackowledgement from them , then u can set for an interview Appt, which makes sence.But here u apply and call for Interview appt.How the hell we know wether they received and gone through our application and tabled it..With out any information regarding our application how we can call and ask for appointment.Ridiculous and stupidity.But thats how it works in EDC.The whole world is different and EDC is different.You will never hear about status of u r application but u have to call and make slot for interview.Bullshhhhhhht.

Anyway can one have a clue which other schools have this program and last date for application process.Thank you.U r response will be greatly appreciated.

Did not you read all this before you sent your application? Do not curse the University because it does not work the way you want. They had mentioned all of this in the application instructions, if you had problem with that you shouldn't have applied there.
As for your question, look into the PASS website, you can search the PASS search engine. But, most of the programs are well beyond their application deadline for 2010 application cycle.

Well said, confused tooth. This forum is to discus and supporting each other. Please do not bad mouthing amd cursing. Thanks and good luck to you, Dr. Raju. :)

nbde & confused tooth- how were the interviews???

Both the interviewers ask pretty much the same questions or some variations of that.
Overall, very stress free, residents are pleasant and like a big happy family.
After your individual interviews, you are free to shadow residents there as long as you want (of course you will have to ask that resident, whom you are shadowing, if that is ok).
They have a pretty interesting mix of talented people, so that was fun. There were people from US, Italy, Haiti, China, Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Egypt and pretty much everywhere in the world.
The patient flow looked good.
The only con, I would say is the freakishly cold weather. If you like snow and cold this is place for you.

Good luck to all the people with upcoming interviews, do not worry about the interview, stay calm and enjoy the experience.

Last edited:
Thankyou! dat was a gud report and a very helpful one indeed! So i hope we all have a great time dere and also get selcted in d end;):rolleyes: lol

Did not you read all this before you sent your application? Do not curse the University because it does not work the way you want. They had mentioned all of this in the application instructions, if you had problem with that you shouldn't have applied there.
As for your question, look into the PASS website, you can search the PASS search engine. But, most of the programs are well beyond their application deadline for 2010 application cycle.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you.

Well said, confused tooth. This forum is to discus and supporting each other. Please do not bad mouthing amd cursing. Thanks and good luck to you, Dr. Raju. :)

THANK YOU.May be i was disturbed.I got you.

I guess confused tooth has mentioned almost everything. all q. are same. I really don't know wts their selection criteria! All people were asked same simple que. there. So, be relaxed. N keep ur finger crossed. U never know wt will happen. N they usually declare their results in march. so, be relaxed till then.

I was just wondering if all people who got interviewed got Malmastrom, Yunker and Susan's business card after the interview because they handed them each to me after my interview:idea: and they say that they can be reached personally if I have questions. Do you guys have the same experience. Thanks...

yes, i think they gave card to everyone. They did to me too.

Gud luck to all those who have interviews tomorrow.

Blissonearth- all the best!!

All the best guys fr tomorrow's interview!

Thank you so much for all the wishes!!!

Hey there,
Do you know when exactly letters or e-mails of acceptance will be sent out? Will it be before Jan 8th? (MATCH deadline for phase II)

Thanks a ton smileface. I am sure you must have applied somewhere else too and maybe you hear from them before Eastman! I agree waiting kills. I have interview coming up soon and I am a bit relieved now, after seeing your post.

Hey good luck for tomorrow matalin6, keep us posted :)

Hi Xander, it was nice to meet yoiu yesterday. I had very short interview time with dr malstorm, dr. Yunker and Ms rosenbloom. They asked me to tell me about myuself, what are your goal in 5 years, and dr. Yunker asked me the differences between school here and my home countryz, if it's more difficult or easier.
They are very very nice.

Hi Xander, it was nice to meet yoiu yesterday. I had very short interview time with dr malstorm, dr. Yunker and Ms rosenbloom. They asked me to tell me about myuself, what are your goal in 5 years, and dr. Yunker asked me the differences between school here and my home countryz, if it's more difficult or easier.
They are very very nice.

Yes they r the best...Im glad u had a good time here.....is a really nice place!!

Hi Guys, am done with the interview and I share the same thoughts as blissonearth, they are very friendly, same set of questions to all of them. There were about 20 to 25 candidates for the interview. Not sure what they are looking for, although I felt that candidates with good clinical n research experience might stand a good chance (again, just my opinion). Good luck everyone!!

Thanks erolb and blisonearth for ur inputs. highly appreciated.

Did anybody receive any acceptances yet from AEGD Rochester?

No, we have to wait till Jan/Feb

Any more interviews through nov 3 and till date?

do anybody know whether it is mandatory to shadow the residents after the interview.
thankyou

Hi Dr Fairy. How was your interview day?
oct 8: matalin6
Oct 13: confused tooth
oct 27:nbde, ident, blissonearth, erolb morf
nov 3: greeny, raj26, ****
dec 1: dr fairy

Does anyone have any idea if the interviews are still going on and when is the last batch scheduled for an interview.??