AEGD Eastman Dental Center Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
GREENY: I have no specific preparation. I just kind of preparing myself to answer questions like, what do you want to do after the graduation, what is your dream job will be, what is your strength and what is your weakness.. is there anything you want to say that saying that you are a good candidate for the program, something like that.. blah blah.. blah... I have no idea, my interview is on October 27th.

DREAMDOCTOR: I didn't get it, too. It seems like this program don't care if your application is good or not, they just care for someone who has really strong willing to apply early and be like in 'jurrasic park' to get their 'food' (interview).

Members don't see this ad.

of course dey will encash it! it is non refundable..
but dis isnt fair really

that is not right on their part to encourage people to apply just to grab their money when they very well know there ain't available slots for interview.
I emailed her few days ago regarding interview and so far no response.

that is not right on their part to encourage people to apply just to grab their money when they very well know there ain't available slots for interview.
I emailed her few days ago regarding interview and so far no response.

She isnt't replying to emails. Bcz even I emailed her. U shud call her..

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Fairy, last year I emailed Mona about the interview, she didn't reply for a while until I called her up and left message, didn't get answer, so I called again, she just said the interview was filled! I think at this time, everyone is very busy

Last edited:
hey hi i have got an interview in rochester for aegd in november can u pls help me with the interview part. ?? it will be gr8 help for me
thanx

hey raj26.. wen did u get ur interview? recently or a month bak?

are you guys sure that AEGD will be sufficient for FTD to get licencesed?

Do anyone know anybody who has gone through it and already practicing.

info will be much appreciated!

Ta

Hey Senyum , I got accepted for the AEGD program what about u?
hello , congratulation for your acceptance in AEGD program in Rochester i have an interview there next week and i was hoping if you can help me...about providing information about the program and how was your interview , thanks

hello,guys i have an interview next week i am applying for aegd residency program can any one help me about what should i do during my inteviews how should i react ? what do i expect ?could anyone help me and share his experience with me?
thanks

Hey , guys did anyone get dates recently for the interview:confused:

Old state, I called o the first week of august and Mona only could confirm the interview on October 27 for me, the september 26 (?) Was filled.This was on early august. The place filled up so much.

Hi, I have the interview tomorrow morning. Anyone else? ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
:mad: Hello Old state ... Please keep me inform of any updates.:mad:

Last edited:
Hello. I just spoke to Ms. Foy and she said they are still accepting applications. So I guess they would not say so, if they do not have slots open for interviews or they are willing to accomate people into the interview schedules.

I surely am pretty late in applying but just got to know about this program. I need help about the documentation. I am dentist from India, could some one please let me know, if they sent their original marksheets to the program? The trancript that my college issued me states the number hours taken for each class? Is this what is needed?

Please help me out with this information. I would really apreciate a response asap.

Thanks.

Hi Dipsy, I spoke to Ms. Foy about sending the recommendation letters by fax. She said you could send by fax just to be sure you meet the deadline but you will still need to send the letters by mail.

Have you applied already? Did you send the original marksheets of your B.D.S.? what other material did you send as well? Please let me know, i have to apply today or i miss the deadline.
Thanks

HI blissonearth,

Thanks a lot for the information. So when is your interview? mine is in Nov. 3rd.I also wanted to know if you are flying back the same day? i am really concerned as many people are telling that the interviews are done on first come first basis. i was planning to fly back the same day but worried that in that case i might miss my flight !!!

Thanks

HI Pavi 1230,
How was your interview for the AEGD ? Hope you did well in the interview. I just wanted to know what questions did they ask you and what are they actually looking for ?

Thanks
Greeny

Hello!, the interview went fine, best advice is to be yourself as previously mentioned here in this thread. As for questions, they just want to know what you have been up to after school. Now, what are they look for it shall remain a mystery! Hopefully a well rounded candidate!

People, don't stress! Be calm as they are very nice people.

Good luck everyone!

I am superbly excited to share wid u all dat i just gt an email frm ms. fine for a dec 1st interview!!!

Congratulations , dr fairy, hope there are more open slots coming up

dr fairy, can you please tell me, when did you send in your application and what was your initial contact date to set an interview appointment?

dr fairy, can you please tell me, when did you send in your application and what was your initial contact date to set an interview appointment?

well old state..i had got a confirmation of complete appln on sept 11 and i had askd fr a date on sept 11

my application was received today .
They said they were reviewing my application and will email my interview date soon. ----they are really fast I think. I thought I was too late but seems it worked as she said they are trying to schd everyone 4 interview.

Miss. Foy has sent me an email that my application is complete. Do I have to call Ms. Mona Fine and ask for a date OR Should I wait till they contact me?

Thank you.

well aspiringdentist..u have to call miss fine now. bcz u have to book fr an interview. dey won call and give a date. hope dat helps.
Miss. Foy has sent me an email that my application is complete. Do I have to call Ms. Mona Fine and ask for a date OR Should I wait till they contact me?

Thank you.

dr.fairy can u temme how did u approach mona fine for the interview??

i submitted my application on 1st of sept and only after calling mona and foy on 7th sept i got to know my application was complete. then i mailed mona for the scheduling the interview. since then i have called her 5 times. the last time i called her on 24th sept mona said they r reviewing the applications and they will be replying after a week.

Last edited:
ok sdq... i had called mona thrice aftr submitting my appln and receiving confirmation. on monday 21st i cald her again and she told.. she will b sendin out the invites over dat week. so i gt mine on 24th. so mayb u shud also b hearing something frm her.. dis week! i knw u ought to b patient and dats d toughest thing!

Anyone else who got interview invites pls reply..
this is wat i cud infer from previous posts..

Oct 8: matalin6
Oct 27: nbde, ident, blissonearth
Nov 3: greeny, raj 26
Dec 1: dr fairy
So these are d ppl wid upcoming interviews rite..so pls post in to fill d gaps.

Interview is not mandatory for this year admissions , all applications are being reveiwed

did anyone else heard any such thing? I thought interview was mandatory:D

I spoke to.Ms Fine this afternoon. . . She said two weeks a go that the last month for interview will be December. D
progress.gif

Last edited:
I spoke to Ms. Mona Fine on sept 28th after I recieved an email from Ms. marilynn Foy that my application was complete on Sep 23. Ms. Mona told that from now they going to review the application and give the results by Feb 2010. They are not going to conduct interviews anymore for this year. Even I have sent so many emails to her, but she has never replied for that.

HI blissonearth,

Thanks a lot for the information. So when is your interview? mine is in Nov. 3rd.I also wanted to know if you are flying back the same day? i am really concerned as many people are telling that the interviews are done on first come first basis. i was planning to fly back the same day but worried that in that case i might miss my flight !!!

Thanks

Hi, it depends on your interview time. Mine was scheduled at 9.15 am, I think I should be done by lunch, it doesn't take a long time. Mine is October 27th, once you got the date set for interview, you should be fine. Good luck with you.
I think they will be pretty accomodating with your flight schedules. I just got back from the prosthodontics interview there, and it really takes the whole day for the interview since you are seeing 4 professors individually, not like AEGD, you will see several professors, all interviewing you at the same time. In this case, AEGD interview will be so much shorter.

hi, for the ones who had their interview, would you please share to us who has coming interview in the near future ? Thanks much!

Guys don't be so harsh on Mona she is soooo nice.....try 2 be patient and understand! this is a really busy deparment... good luck 2 u all

hey xander..
I read the whole thread and you kept mentioning that you already posted an older thread about the interview in rochester... can u please post the link to that older thread? I can't find it :s
thank u! :)

I was scheduled for an interview on Oct 15, however I got accepted at another school, Therefore will be cancelling my interview... hope to free a place for another applicant. Wishing rest of the applicants the very best in their pursuit.

Could you please share where were you admitted? In any event wish you success in your program
I was scheduled for an interview on Oct 15, however I got accepted at another school, Therefore will be cancelling my interview... hope to free a place for another applicant. Wishing rest of the applicants the very best in their pursuit.

CoNgratulations, Ashley!!! So. Happy for you.

thnks dr.fairy.....

mona tells me a different story every time i call her...last time i called her she said that now there will be no interviews..infact they will review the application nd then reply by jan 2010....

xander and blissonearth can guys you suggest wat shall we all do?
should i ask her to tranfer my application to next year....cuz i dont really think she will schedule an interview now.

m so confused...plz help

Last edited:
I got interview on 27th Oct, but im not going there, i already admitted to TUFTS, so i will help other. all the best.
balli:thumbup:

Please check your pm

I got interview on 27th Oct, but im not going there, i already admitted to TUFTS, so i will help other. all the best.
balli:thumbup:

Congratulations on your admit to Tufts !

Last edited:
Hi SDQ,

If I am in your shoes, I will call marilyn foy, and ask if really there will be no interview slots for you, then I will ask marilyn to forward the application to next year. This is what I did last year. I applied a bit late, and I tried to schedule the interview, Mona said that there was no more slots available for interview, so I forwarded my application to this year. I learnt my lesson to apply as soon as the application opens, then keep in touch with Mona the first week of August, although the info from Mona, she said she would start the interview appointments on the last weeks of August, I called her the first week of August, and right away, promptly she replied and asked my name. I think Mona is under lots of things to do. Her job is not only scheduling appointments, but also taking care of the departments. Be nice to her, she tries to do her job well.

Balli2001, congratulations on your acceptance.

I have another thought, maybe for those who got acceptance and canceling the interview, should call Mona directly and letting her know, so other people can fill up the slots.

For those who got interviews, congratulations.. the road is still way long to go, the program is highly competitive....

Best of luck to everyone.
;):biglove:

People those who had their interviews, any acceptances so far?

Sdq,
I think you will get 27 October date if and when Balli cancels.

Last edited:
Sari,
Plz check your pm

Hi SDQ,

If I am in your shoes, I will call marilyn foy, and ask if really there will be no interview slots for you, then I will ask marilyn to forward the application to next year. This is what I did last year. I applied a bit late, and I tried to schedule the interview, Mona said that there was no more slots available for interview, so I forwarded my application to this year. I learnt my lesson to apply as soon as the application opens, then keep in touch with Mona the first week of August, although the info from Mona, she said she would start the interview appointments on the last weeks of August, I called her the first week of August, and right away, promptly she replied and asked my name. I think Mona is under lots of things to do. Her job is not only scheduling appointments, but also taking care of the departments. Be nice to her, she tries to do her job well.

Balli2001, congratulations on your acceptance.

I have another thought, maybe for those who got acceptance and canceling the interview, should call Mona directly and letting her know, so other people can fill up the slots.

For those who got interviews, congratulations.. the road is still way long to go, the program is highly competitive....

Best of luck to everyone.
;):biglove:

Thanks scanora and Blissonearth:)
Oldstate i just replied to ur msg .. You can chk it