AEGD Eastman Dental Center Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
phone..hahahaha..LOL funnay!

Members don't see this ad.

friends do we need to have good clinical experience and skills to enter into AEGD programme.If we are FTDs we should try for AEGD or dds programme?which is better?If we cant affird to dds prog ,can we try for AEGD.

Thanks caries86 and xander25...

I totally agree with the xander25 tht we don't know why they selected us:rolleyes:
My interview was pretty bad...even my phone rang during interview with the head of the department...I also want to say keep trying and don't give up...u never know when things turns in ur favor.
Good Luck.

hahahahahaha
good joke....:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
friends do we need to have good clinical experience and skills to enter into AEGD programme.If we are FTDs we should try for AEGD or dds programme?which is better?If we cant affird to dds prog ,can we try for AEGD.
I think it depends in what u want.......if u want to stay in the US, in which state u want to practice( with a dds prog u can practice in all the states even in Canada! with an AEGD prog u cant), and how much u can spend.
good luck!:thumbup:

I think it depends in what u want.......if u want to stay in the US, in which state u want to practice( with a dds prog u can practice in all the states even in Canada! with an AEGD prog u cant), and how much u can spend.
good luck!:thumbup:
xander25

can you list the state where after completing AEGD we can get license ?

10 years of private practice in Ecuador
Diplomat in Oral Implantology (First out of 20)
Over 50 Lectures in 11 countries in North, Central and South America
25 published articles in different Journals

Congrats to everyone who got accepted into AEGD.
1. Xander
2. Senyum
3. mano82
4. mariocf70

I got accepted in too:D. I have been waiting for this for a long time.

Looking forward to having great friends and experience at the Program.

Dentasia, How long have you been waiting for this?? I applied for the first time in 1996... second time in 2008.

Hi dentousa,
My state: GPA 3.92.
I have my Ph.D and have been active as a post-doctoral fellow in US for 2.5 years, and had an intern in the department of dentistry (observer).
I have a lot of experience in research and published respectable amount of papers.
As Xander25, I am planning to take NBDE but not yet.

dentousa,
the AEGD program, in my point of view has 2 division sub-program (if I can say that).
One, as Xander25 mentioned above, is a 2-year lenght program.
Other is a 3-year length program that also focus on research, clinical work and teaching. The different is, the 3-year program more pointed to who has Master or Ph.D, or dentist who had experience in research field. For the 3-year program, the first year mainly do clinical research with part of the time do clinical work. Then the second and third year gradually focus on clinical work (Please ask Ms.Marilyn Foy the residency coordinator, for more detail info).
After the completition of both program, you get a CERTIFICATE and be able to take your license.

Hopefully this help!

Senyum, for how long have you been a Dentist? Have you been involved with provate practice?

congratulation and best of luck

Your cv is great

no one can compare it
you definately deserve acceptance

Members don't see this ad :)

congratulation..........
really you deserve....
all d best.........:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Dentasia, How long have you been waiting for this?? I applied for the first time in 1996... second time in 2008.

Hi Mariocf70,
Very impressive CV.

I graduated Dental in India in 1997, private practise for 3yrs before coming to USA in 2000.

I first applied for Eastman in 2004 (Not as long as yours) and again in 2008.

I started working as a Dentist in USA from 2005, started second job 2007. Got promoted as Asst. Dental Director for the HealthCenter a year ago. Active volunteer in Local State Dental Society. Got accepted into Leadership Group from the State Dental Society.

Thats about it.

Oh, also - I worked as a Software professional, HR Manager, Medical Transcription Supervisor, Mortgage and RealEstate. Currently, I work as a RealEstate Agent as well :D

I just can not get satisfied doing one thing at a time:laugh: I like to do more than one at a time:confused:

Looking forward to sharing all the wonderful experiences from different friends (future at AEGD) from around the WORLD!!!

Hi Mariocf70,
Very impressive CV.

I graduated Dental in India in 1997, private practise for 3yrs before coming to USA in 2000.

I started working as a Dentist in USA from 2005, started second job 2007. Got promoted as Asst. Dental Director for the HealthCenter a year ago. Active volunteer in Local State Dental Society. Got accepted into Leadership Group from the State Dental Society.

Thats about it.

Oh, also - I worked as a Software professional, HR Manager, Medical Transcription Supervisor, Mortgage and RealEstate. Currently, I work as a RealEstate Agent as well :D

I just can not get satisfied doing one thing at a time:laugh: I like to do more than one at a time:confused:

Looking forward to sharing all the wonderful experiences from different friends (future at AEGD) from around the WORLD!!!
you need some free time to spend your money! or if you need help pm me :D

you need some free time to spend your money! or if you need help pm me :D

That was funny. Thank you for the offer. I have no free time now, as we were blessed with second son on Feb 14 (Valentine's Gift:soexcited::soexcited:), and he is keeping everyone at home very busy.

That was funny. Thank you for the offer. I have no free time now, as we were blessed with second son on Feb 14 (Valentine's Gift:soexcited::soexcited:), and he is keeping everyone at home very busy.
I think I m gonna be the only single guy!!!:eek:

Senyum, for how long have you been a Dentist? Have you been involved with provate practice?

Hello mariocf70,

after graduated from the dental school, I was working in private practice for 1 year (as a Dentist and a Manager in that place. At the same time, I was an assistant surgeon at the University clinic) before went to Japan to take my Ph.D in Dental science. During the Ph.D course (in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgey), I was be able to participate in surgery room and working in outpatient clinic.
Continuously, I was doing my first postdoctoral fellow at the Research Center for Prevention of Infectious Diseases, Japan and at the same time doing some clinical internship (just to keep update with the new techniques and new materials). Currently, I am doing my second postdoctoral training in Florida and was doing observer in dental practice.
I've some decent publications (in English and in Japanese) in Nature Structural and Molecular Biology, Structure and other dental journals and currently I am active member of American Immunologist.

I am so glad to be part of class 2009 :luck:

By the way is anyone got into the 3-year program ?

wow...everybody is so so...grt.
now i have to learn both frm the program and my competent fellows:)

wow...everybody is so so...grt.
now i have to learn both frm the program and my competent fellows:)
Yeah dude this guys r loaded!!!! I only have my brain , that's it........this is going to be an amazing experience 4 all of us!! I can't wait to meet u all

Yes, you are right.
Please find the complete info at previous thread of Best Dental Program in my VIEW.

Hello. Which states are possible to practice after completion of this program? I found 5 states. I do not know others. Please let me know.:)

Hello mariocf70,

after graduated from the dental school, I was working in private practice for 1 year (as a Dentist and a Manager in that place. At the same time, I was an assistant surgeon at the University clinic) before went to Japan to take my Ph.D in Dental science. During the Ph.D course (in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgey), I was be able to participate in surgery room and working in outpatient clinic.
Continuously, I was doing my first postdoctoral fellow at the Research Center for Prevention of Infectious Diseases, Japan and at the same time doing some clinical internship (just to keep update with the new techniques and new materials). Currently, I am doing my second postdoctoral training in Florida and was doing observer in dental practice.
I've some decent publications (in English and in Japanese) in Nature Structural and Molecular Biology, Structure and other dental journals and currently I am active member of American Immunologist.

I am so glad to be part of class 2009 :luck:

By the way is anyone got into the 3-year program ?

Senyum,

That means that you have a License to work as a Dentist in the US? if that is so, Why would you apply for an AEGD at EDC?
When I read your stats I was really impressed because I am a practiceng dentist at this time in Ecuador and have a really good practice and I have worked very hard to gain good reputation among the cientific dental comunity in América (North, Central and South). I applied at EDC because I do have some interest devoloping my carreer in a country where tecnological advancement happens every day but in order to take advantage of that you need to be able to work in the US. I am a Citizen of the US but trained in Ecuador. My expertise in teaching is clinical development in Restorative, Implants and Occlussion.
In your experince What do you think about the AEGD program at EDC? Do you know something about life in Rochester? I have 3 kids that would be moving with me ages 14, 9 and 4, Do you Know something about Public Education in the area? Please if someone else in the Forum can give me lights on that I would really appreciated since for me is a big move in my life.

Hi Mariocf70,
Very impressive CV.

Thats about it.

Dentasia, that means that you have a license to work in the US?? I´ve read that you have 2 kids and a husband, how hard is it for you to move to Rochester? Did they offer you a stipend at EDC? Do you know something about public education in Rochester?

Dentasia, that means that you have a license to work in the US?? I´ve read that you have 2 kids and a husband, how hard is it for you to move to Rochester? Did they offer you a stipend at EDC? Do you know something about public education in Rochester?

Hi Mario,
First of all, I am 37yr Male. :rolleyes:

Yes, I do have 9yr old boy, and one month old second boy. I did some research, and life in rochester is very good, economical, and away from the busy life of NewYork.
Environment is very beautiful, especially during Spring, and Summer. Lots of entertainement, Education oriented.

EDC is located in Brighton county, and as per my friends and contacts who lived in rochester for more than 11yrs stated that Brighton schools are excellent. The campus accommodation for married students are good, but we want to stay off campus for more privacy.

Yes, I do have license to practise in USA, but only limited to the Massachusetts.

Stipend - They used to give $500 per month as stipend when I attended in 2004 and I believe in 2007 $300. They stopped paying stipend from last year. So, basically, they will not pay you and you will not pay them.

All you have to take care is of your family's living expenses. I believe approximately $2000/month if you stretch.
2bd room appartment - 700 to 800
2bd room Town House 700 to 1200
Food and other expenses - appx 300 to 400

As I understand, you are USA citizen, so you should be qualified for Financial Aid. you can go to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ and fill in the free online form. Also, you can check with Financial Aid office of EDC. They are very helpful.

Hope, this post is of some help for others who are moving to rochester. I have a house and I am selling the house and moving my family, as this is my destiny and I love Prosthodontics, especially Implants and cosmetics. I believe in which Dr. Malmstrom is an expert.

Please feel free to contact me.

Looking forward to sharing experience and knowledge for a better future and finding great friends.:thumbup:

Hi Mario,

Yes, I do have 9yr old boy, and one month old second boy. I did some research, and life in rochester is very good, economical, and away from the busy life of NewYork.
Environment is very beautiful, especially during Spring, and Summer. Lots of entertainement, Education oriented.

EDC is located in Brighton county, and as per my friends and contacts who lived in rochester for more than 11yrs stated that Brighton schools are excellent. The campus accommodation for married students are good, but we want to stay off campus for more privacy.

Yes, I do have license to practise in USA, but only limited to the Massachusetts.

Stipend - They used to give $500 per month as stipend when I attended in 2004 and I believe in 2007 $300. They stopped paying stipend from last year. So, basically, they will not pay you and you will not pay them.

All you have to take care is of your family's living expenses. I believe approximately $2000/month if you stretch.

As I understand, you are USA citizen, so you should be qualified for Financial Aid. you can go to http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ and fill in the free online form. Also, you can check with Financial Aid office of EDC. They are very helpful.

Hope, this post is of some help for others who are moving to rochester. I have a house and I am selling the house and moving my family, as this is my destiny and I love Prosthodontics, especially Implants and cosmetics. I believe in which Dr. Malmstrom is an expert.

Looking forward to sharing experience and knowledge for a better future and finding great friends.:thumbup:

Dentasia,

Sorry for the mistake about your gender. Thank you for the info. How can I get info about housing off campus ? and where do you recomend for good schools for my kids.

Dentasia,

Sorry for the mistake about your gender. Thank you for the info. How can I get info about housing off campus ? and where do you recomend for good schools for my kids.

I would suggest to call Marilyn Foy for more information in regards to school.

Your kids will go to school where you live, and as I mentioned, Brighton County is the area that you will be studying, and I believe will be living, and so your kids will be going to Brighton School District. If you want more info, type in Brighton Schools in google and you will get more info.

In regards to off campus, the housing department of UR will be more helpful.
Here is the link
http://www.rochester.edu/reslife/files/rd0910booklet.pdf

http://www.rochester.edu/reslife/non/index.html

Last edited:
Senyum,

That means that you have a License to work as a Dentist in the US? if that is so, Why would you apply for an AEGD at EDC?
When I read your stats I was really impressed because I am a practiceng dentist at this time in Ecuador and have a really good practice and I have worked very hard to gain good reputation among the cientific dental comunity in América (North, Central and South). I applied at EDC because I do have some interest devoloping my carreer in a country where tecnological advancement happens every day but in order to take advantage of that you need to be able to work in the US. I am a Citizen of the US but trained in Ecuador. My expertise in teaching is clinical development in Restorative, Implants and Occlussion.
In your experince What do you think about the AEGD program at EDC? Do you know something about life in Rochester? I have 3 kids that would be moving with me ages 14, 9 and 4, Do you Know something about Public Education in the area? Please if someone else in the Forum can give me lights on that I would really appreciated since for me is a big move in my life.

Hi mariocf70,
thank you for the compliment.
I have to tell that you also have an impressive background.
By the way, currently I am doing my second training postdoctoral fellow after my doctorate course (Ph.D course), and this is not clinical training, this toward to science/research in immunology.

I applied to EDC program, as I do need my license to practice and as my long term goal is to dedicate myself as practitioner dentist and as a scientist to explore more knowledge in the dental field, and be part of the academic.

After much reading and talking with some dentist friends in US, I think the 2-year or 3-year International Postdoctoral Training Program in General Dentistry offered by this Institution is one of the best.
Their training program includes didactic, laboratory, and comprehensive patient care, which personally I found excellent, unique, and could be very useful to give a solid support to my career goals.

Since this University is teaching/training University I believe that we can enhance our skill in clinical also skill in research which aids in developing critical scientific thought (as in their program).

Dentasia is right, your children will going to school where you live and if you still need more detail please give a call to Ms. Marilyn Foy. She always kindly erased our doubt.

I have my 2 months old daughter (she will be 4.5 months in June, when the school starts) which I have registered her into KinderCare Learning Center inside/nearby the campus area.

Do you plan to live in university housing or off campus ?

If you have plan to rent in university housing, please re-check the application form that Ms. Marylin Foy sent with your package. As for me, it was for 2008-2009, and when I sent it to the housing office, they told me that form is not valid anymore however at the same time they sent me new application form (2009-2010) that I filled up and have sent it back last week.
However if you have plan to live off campus, this will not a problem for you!

Have a great day:luck:

Hi mariocf70,
thank you for the compliment.
I have to tell that you also have an impressive background.
By the way, currently I am doing my second training postdoctoral fellow after my doctorate course (Ph.D course), and this is not clinical training, this toward to science/research in immunology.

I applied to EDC program, as I do need my license to practice and as my long term goal is to dedicate myself as practitioner dentist and as a scientist to explore more knowledge in the dental field, and be part of the academic.

After much reading and talking with some dentist friends in US, I think the 2-year or 3-year International Postdoctoral Training Program in General Dentistry offered by this Institution is one of the best.
Their training program includes didactic, laboratory, and comprehensive patient care, which personally I found excellent, unique, and could be very useful to give a solid support to my career goals.

Since this University is teaching/training University I believe that we can enhance our skill in clinical also skill in research which aids in developing critical scientific thought (as in their program).

Dentasia is right, your children will going to school where you live and if you still need more detail please give a call to Ms. Marilyn Foy. She always kindly erased our doubt.

I have my 2 months old daughter (she will be 4.5 months in June, when the school starts) which I have registered her into KinderCare Learning Center inside/nearby the campus area.

Do you plan to live in university housing or off campus ?

If you have plan to rent in university housing, please re-check the application form that Ms. Marylin Foy sent with your package. As for me, it was for 2008-2009, and when I sent it to the housing office, they told me that form is not valid anymore however at the same time they sent me new application form (2009-2010) that I filled up and have sent it back last week.
However if you have plan to live off campus, this will not a problem for you!

Have a great day:luck:

Senyum

How old are you??

My GPA is 2.0 (Terrible, I know) I applied to the program and went for the interview at Eastman Dental on 2006, but didn't get accepted, Should I apply again or should I give up? I'm not rich and I have a 3 year old son, so I can't affort to go to Rochester, spend money in a trip there and then get rejected, I was very depress when I got the letter saying I was not accepted. Can somebody help me with some advice? :( thank you for reading and have a great day!

My GPA is 2.0 (Terrible, I know) I applied to the program and went for the interview at Eastman Dental on 2006, but didn't get accepted, Should I apply again or should I give up? I'm not rich and I have a 3 year old son, so I can't affort to go to Rochester, spend money in a trip there and then get rejected, I was very depress when I got the letter saying I was not accepted. Can somebody help me with some advice? :( thank you for reading and have a great day!

you can call Ms.Foy and tell the situation,just my suggestion.

Pit,

Never give up on your dreams, but you have to work hard to make them come true.

You should not give me.Pm me.thanks

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me other than Eastman and Rochester, where else they accept FTD for AEGD?

Thanks in advance,
Dent2

there is a lot of opportunities out there....just keep trying....there is nothing u can do with ur gpa...so my advice is that u work on ur toefl score, nbde scores and also on ur clinical experience.....Good luck I wish u the best!:thumbup:

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me other than Eastman and Rochester, where else they accept FTD for AEGD?

Thanks in advance,
Dent2
I once read that buffalo has one too....look 4 it in their website...

I found FL, IA, MI, NY and VA. Do you know others?

IOWA, Wisconsin - Granted License to practise by approving Eastman's 2yr AEGD.

California and Minnesota - May accept.

Other states - Apply to the appropriate states for waiver, and I believe each state will work on case by case basis.

Hope this is helpful.

IOWA, Wisconsin - Granted License to practise by approving Eastman's 2yr AEGD.

California and Minnesota - May accept.

Other states - Apply to the appropriate states for waiver, and I believe each state will work on case by case basis.

Hope this is helpful.

Hi Dentasia,

Thank you for a response. I appreciate your information.

All the best:)

Hi Mario,

hey Dentasia whay u mean by more privacy?? I already send my in campus housing application now I wonder if I made the right decision.

Hello there
Congrats to everyone who got accepted into AEGD!

I have been reading all your comments and the links available from the U.Rochester’s website.

and found some AEGD admission requirements that I’d like you to clarify me please:

-Must have or apply for NYS license or limited permit from NYSED
-Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. or Canada. (from PASS website)

Which type of licence do you have to be admitted? and
I’m not US citizen nor permanente resident.:(

I have B1/B2 Visa, Computer B TOEFL 253/300, already passed the NBDE part 1, and I’m planning to take the part 2 this year, and during the application I have to choose 3 boards to send my test results.
Which boards should i choose?

I’m dentist since 2004, also teach (undergraduate) Orthodontics in the University, studied Master in Dentistry Teaching and Research
I’m married (w/no kids); and 1 brother lives in L.A. ,other brother lives in Centreville, VA, both with green cards (they are not dentists).

Could you please give me a help in which choice would be the best for me?
Rochester's AEGD seems a good option, no tuition but no stipend, could I work if I get accepted?

I know, those are a lot of questions, but I'd really appreciate your help.
Thanks you in advance.
Ginvald

hey Dentasia whay u mean by more privacy?? I already send my in campus housing application now I wonder if I made the right decision.

Hi Xander25,
What I mean is if you are single or married and no children, then in my opinion On Campus is good.

But, if you are married with children, (Like me) then I believe Off Campus is more appropriate.

Hello there
Congrats to everyone who got accepted into AEGD!

I have been reading all your comments and the links available from the U.Rochester’s website.

and found some AEGD admission requirements that I’d like you to clarify me please:

-Must have or apply for NYS license or limited permit from NYSED
-Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S. or Canada. (from PASS website)

Which type of licence do you have to be admitted? and
I’m not US citizen nor permanente resident.:(

I have B1/B2 Visa, Computer B TOEFL 253/300, already passed the NBDE part 1, and I’m planning to take the part 2 this year, and during the application I have to choose 3 boards to send my test results.
Which boards should i choose?

I’m dentist since 2004, also teach (undergraduate) Orthodontics in the University, studied Master in Dentistry Teaching and Research
I’m married (w/no kids); and 1 brother lives in L.A. ,other brother lives in Centreville, VA, both with green cards (they are not dentists).

Could you please give me a help in which choice would be the best for me?
Rochester's AEGD seems a good option, no tuition but no stipend, could I work if I get accepted?

I know, those are a lot of questions, but I'd really appreciate your help.
Thanks you in advance.
Ginvald
I think that u have been reading the requierements 4 the ONE YEAR length program.....this program does not make u elegible for a license in the state of NY. The TWO YEAR does not have this requierements otherwise we would'nt be here!!:D

if u r asking if u can work during the program, Dr. Malmstrom said to a friend of mine that the program is so intense that there's no time for part time jobs.... and if u r asking if the program make u elegible 2 practice the answer is YES it does!!