[AE] Post-Bacc Battle: Cal Northstate vs. Meredith vs. Elms vs. CSUEB vs. others

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted848476

Hello,

I am an academic enhancer/GPA booster track post-baccalaureate prospective student and would like to hear out everybody's opinion on these types of programs, specifically:

California Northstate University Pre-Medical Post-Baccalaureate Program
Elms College Post-Bac
Meredith College Post-Bac
CSU East Bay Post-Bac

Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

Just started at Meredith and am loving the program so far. Super supportive environment, small classes, beautiful campus, and the members of the cohort that i've met so far are great. Since it's summer the classes are pretty hectic. Chemistry is doable but people seem to be having a tough time with summer biology because of the way the course is structured. I'm expecting Fall to be better.

I was accepted to Elms and CSUEB (I'm from CA) and I chose Meredith because it seemed to me like a great environment in a part of the country that has a lot of opportunities for people interested in health sciences. I didn't want to pay Bay Area housing prices either lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Just started at Meredith and am loving the program so far. Super supportive environment, small classes, beautiful campus, and the members of the cohort that i've met so far are great. Since it's summer the classes are pretty hectic. Chemistry is doable but people seem to be having a tough time with summer biology because of the way the course is structured. I'm expecting Fall to be better.

I was accepted to Elms and CSUEB (I'm from CA) and I chose Meredith because it seemed to me like a great environment in a part of the country that has a lot of opportunities for people interested in health sciences. I didn't want to pay Bay Area housing prices either lol.

Wow! Thank you so much, although Elms and other colleges may offer linkages to D.O. schools, the overwhelming amount of positive reviews I have read and heard about regarding Meredith has been very convincing! I have heard similar great stories about the academic/research environment and also the director, Dr. Meritt. May I ask how the advising is there and how people have been studying for the MCAT?

Thank you

Oh! Can I also ask what classes you were thinking about taking during the Fall Semester? I understand the Summer is usually filled with general biology & chemistry, but I was more interested in the upper-division courses that are offered. Classes like "histology" I heard are usually reserved for medical school, and I had an advisor question whether it would be better to take pre-medical classes like "vertebrate anatomy/immunology" that would act more like a preparatory step rather than actual med-school classes such as "human anatomy/histology."

Thanks, I know this might be overthinking it a bit, but just curious.