Advice to find a match

zigmaz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

What's your thoughts on finding a match for a long-term relatiomship during med school? I am already in my mid 30s now, have been working as a druggist for a decade, but yet still single. I am from a rather small Canadian town which makes it difficult to find my dream woman. Now that I am in med school, my wish is to find a doctor. Am I fair and realistic to myself?

I will be moving to California this summer and starting school this August.. I am somewhat excited because of the larger population there compared to Canada which will help my chances. But I was thinking of using craigslist and facebook as well. Any comments on this?

Lastly, since I am not American, I would like to know if Americans are open in marrying or be in a relationship with people with different citizenship. I know this is relative but i'd like to hear some thoughts.

Thanks guys!

Th

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

What's your thoughts on finding a match for a long-term relatiomship during med school? I am already in my mid 30s now, have been working as a druggist for a decade, but yet still single. I am from a rather small Canadian town which makes it difficult to find my dream woman. Now that I am in med school, my wish is to find a doctor. Am I fair and realistic to myself?

I will be moving to California this summer and starting school this August.. I am somewhat excited because of the larger population there compared to Canada which will help my chances. But I was thinking of using craigslist and facebook as well. Any comments on this?

Lastly, since I am not American, I would like to know if Americans are open in marrying or be in a relationship with people with different citizenship. I know this is relative but i'd like to hear some thoughts.

Thanks guys!

Th
It would really help if you'd tell us if you're a man or a woman...

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends of the makeup of the student body. It if consists of only 23-24 yr old females and you're 35, then you might have to get "cool." Wear a leather jacket, grease your hair, aviator sunglasses, and a motorcycle. Also you should incorporate some slang in your vocabulary like "rad" "word up/sup" "homes" "yo-girl" ect. :laugh:

If you class has non-trads, than you can be just yourself.

I'm 34 with no prob scoring with 24+ year old girls and neither should you unless you're hella ugly, smell, have no personality or all of the above.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I just thought most of us will be busy studying anyways and this thing will be the last thing in everybody's minds.

Zigmaz first, you're so sweet :) Second, girls dont like boys that are stalking them for a specific reason. Actually I think nobody does. Would you like to be an object of someone around thats looking for a specific reason. Wouldnt you too like to be "the one"? Only "the one", not someone that satisfies the needs/goals of someone else.

You know what, with your sincerety and naiveness you are so sweet that, just be yourself and they will already appear around you :p Sometime later we may even see you around, this time looking for a solution to get rid of them :scared: ...hahaha :laugh:

...and this thing will be the last thing in everybody's minds.
That couldn't be further from the truth. There's a very good reason medcest is so common.

I guess I will be in trouble if I am too quiet or shy because of personality or too focused on studying. Maybe even more so to say that I am a virgin? It is true and I am not even kidding :p Has there been a pool on sdn to see the proportion of virgin med students? I think there is a pool in the Canadian forum and surprisingly I am not alone.

How common is medcest? I thought we, as future doctors, are people of respect. But then, we are also human.

Thanks bidiboom! It is unlikely that many women will flock around me. Hopefulley few will. I am not of a jock type although I am athletic. Maybe I should tell them that I bake a good cheesecake? :p

I guess I will be in trouble if I am too quiet or shy because of personality or too focused on studying. Maybe even more so to say that I am a virgin? It is true and I am not even kidding :p Has there been a pool on sdn to see the proportion of virgin med students? I think there is a pool in the Canadian forum and surprisingly I am not alone.

How common is medcest? I thought we, as future doctors, are people of respect. But then, we are also human.

Thanks bidiboom! It is unlikely that many women will flock around me. Hopefulley few will. I am not of a jock type although I am athletic. Maybe I should tell them that I bake a good cheesecake? :p

Wow are you steve carell? :laugh: I went to a Caribbean med school so I'm not sure how it is with US & Canadian med students but out there everyone gets action.

Who's Steve Carell? Interesting about your comments on lots of med students having plenty of action considering most are nerds :p

Last edited:
Who's Steve Carell? Interesting about your comments on lots of med students having plenty of action considering most are nerds :p

MV5BMzg2MjAwNTc5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTkxMDUzMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405422/

I don't agree with the nerd comment. To be a medical doctor, I think you have to be a pretty rounded person overall. Sure there's some nerds in the field like any other but I wouldn't categorize doctors and med students as nerds. When I imagine a nerd, an image of a scruffy computer programmer with skin as white as milk comes to mind.

Zig, you've got that innocent virgin thing going on. The women will eat that up. You should have no problem finding someone or getting as much ass as you want, as long as you're not ugly and in decent shape.

Thanks! I think I am average looking guy but I do have 6 pack abs. But then don't smart professional women look further than just physique?

Thanks! I think I am average looking guy but I do have 6 pack abs. But then don't smart professional women look further than just physique?
Yeah, but you got into med. school, so obviously you're not an idiot, and by your posts in this thread you obviously think things through. That's more or less what women are looking for, at least as far as I can tell. So you should be fine.