Advice/Tips/Interview questions for Small Animal Rotating Internships (Particularly in the northeast of USA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ImAVet

Mizzou c/o 2020!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! The last time I was on here was when I was applying for vet school! Here I am now... a fourth year about to take the NAVLE and apply for SA rotating internship through MATCH! Eek!

I am not sure if there is a thread already for internship interview questions for small animal rotating programs! I would LOVE to match back in the northeast area where I am originally from to be closer to family. Particularly, MA (but will be happy to settle anywhere in the northeast)! My top choices are Angell and Tufts for a rotating internship. I am seeking any advice on and any questions asked you were ask during your interview at these hospitals or others in the NE! I’d also like to know of any other programs that offer great mentor ship!!That is really important to me!!

I will mention I did a four week Externship at Angell last summer where I met with the coordinator of the program and have stayed in contact with her and updating her about my life since then! I will be doing another externship there this November for two weeks. I will also be completing a two week externship at Tufts this November as well!

Thank you in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can't comment on the internship stuff because I'm a student, but just wanted to say congrats on the externships and feel free to hit me up if you have any general questions about Tufts when you're here in November (although it sounds like you are from MA so I'm assuming you're set with housing and stuff?)

Just a couple threads down: What are questions you wish you would have asked about internship programs?

If you’re wanting mentorship, be prepared to answer what that means to you. Do you want your hand held throughout cases like in vet school or do you just want experienced clinicians available if you get stuck? How does the program define mentorship? Will they take a hands-off attitude and let you find your way and establish your own rhythm or will they be looking over your shoulder at every detail?