Advice or Input for the remainder of the cycle? Anxious = ME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sankeytime!

Reaction score
I want to know if I should have less hope and start preparing for next cycle...

24 years old ORM

MCAT 509 (126,128,127,128) March 2021

cGPA 3.25

sGPA 3.1 (retook Gen chem I and II from Incompletes freshman year) STRONG positive trend

I live in Utah with minimal connections to other states..

I have 6,000 hours of clinical experience as a CNA at a large Cancer Hospital and the University Hospital as a Critical Care Technician (Full-time for 4 years)

Lots of leadership in different capacities longitudinally

Research: Minimal research but one ongoing project with clinical stuff

Volunteer: 300+ hours as a foster kid mentor, friends for sight volunteer, hospice volunteer

100+ hours shadowing

2 x Trauma Surgeons (MD)

1 x PM&R DO

Strong Letters from Science professors, MD, DO, and Clinical Manager.

I am just really worried about my GPA. I have applied and completed secondaries to 20 DO schools and 5 MD schools. Does anyone have any input or advice? Watching schools I turned in secondaries send out II already has me freaking out.

Members don't see this ad.

What are your year by year GPAs?

And patience is a virtue, instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out secondaries or IIs merely in chronological order.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic.

What are your year by year GPAs?

And patience is a virtue, instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out secondaries or IIs merely in chronological order.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic.
Thank you for answering so quickly!
Freshman 2.8
Sophomore 3.2
Junior 3.7
Senior 3.9

Members don't see this ad :)
Which schools did you apply to ?
A.T. Still University (Kirksville)
A.T. Still University (Arizona)
CCOM
Edward College
Edward College
Edward College
Kansas City COM
Marian Univeristy
MSUCOM
LECOM (Bradenton)
LECOM (Erie)
Nova
Lincoln Memorial
AZCOM
PNCOM
UNECOM
Western University
Touro Nevada
Ohio Heritage
ACOM
OSUCOM
Rowan
KYCOM
West Virginia
U of U
Louisville
MSU HM
Rush
Reno

You could receive interviews at Rush and Utah for your MD schools. The other MD schools are unlikely since they admit very few non residents with your stats and no connection to the state. Of your DO schools Ohio admits very few non residents. You could add these DO schools:
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
NYIT-AR
Noorda-COM

Reactions: 1 user
Hey OP! Is OSUCOM Oklahoma State? If so, the wise Faha is right that a large portion of each class must be made of OK residents (85%). Your MCAT is well above their median and they are reinvention-friendly, so you may have a decent shot. I would recommend keeping this school on your "Maybe" list and making sure you can align with their mission before applying (especially the emphasis on increasing doctors in rural/underserved OK). They are huge on their mission!