Advice on job search in NC triangle area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gryffindor100

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all! Rising 4th year resident, looking to move to NC Triangle area (and surrounding-ish) for jobs. Looking for community gig over anything else if possible. I know there are a few SDGs in the area, but would love to hear if anyone has any personal experiences RE: places to avoid, salary to expect, etc. Super new to job search process and it’s causing me anxiety - seems so random!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all! Rising 4th year resident, looking to move to NC Triangle area (and surrounding-ish) for jobs. Looking for community gig over anything else if possible. I know there are a few SDGs in the area, but would love to hear if anyone has any personal experiences RE: places to avoid, salary to expect, etc. Super new to job search process and it’s causing me anxiety - seems so random!
I hear it's a tight market. Good luck!

If you’re willing to expand your search to the Triad (Greeensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point) I can help you out. It’s pretty much all Wake Forest here now, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not a MD- but work in the triangle - a highly desirable area that I lucked into moving into 15 years ago or so. Very few places I would trade it for, if only it was on the beach. My profession is super saturated here

Big Group is Weppa, which is a great independent group, but very tough to get into w/o connections or at least them knowing you. There's usually a wait list with more experienced physicians waiting to get in. Rex Healthcare also has a good independent group, covers portions of Raleigh. There's lots of Academic jobs, if you want them, with UNC, Duke, and Wake Forrest all having multiple contracts in area. You can also make decent coin Locums in some of the more rural hospital, but be warned, it's a tough place to work with little back-up. There's the usual CMG employee jobs as well, with Envision and TH in the area, but these should be your last choice. There's also lots of healthcare innovation in the triangle, if you're the entrepreneur type. Overall, it is a great place to practice, but very tight market, and as a new grad, you'll probably have to travel outside immediate Triangle (45min -1hr) to find best paying, currently hiring jobs.