advice needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

salsterz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...I have 5 weeks before my exam and I am planning on doing UW questions at least twice and incorporating their explainations in Crush the boards step 3 book..yes thats step 3 book since i was advised by a friend who passed his boards that thats what he did. I just wanted to know if this formula will be successful..ofcourse it depends on one's individual ability but still is this a good platform to solidify my knowledge to be able to beat this beast?
thanks to all who will take out time to reply!
Sal

Members don't see this ad.

As you indicated, it's 'different strokes for different folks!' Just b/c your friend did well using Crush for Step 3, doesn't mean it works for others.
UW is considered the premiere question pool, though I am more satisfied with QBank than I was with UW (my exam is in about 3 weeks). I thought Crush/Secrets were way too generalized, though many people have used the UW + Crush/Secrets combo and scored very well. In this regard, I would recommend First Aid instead of Crush, as I think FA is much more thorough. This is in reference to Step 2, as I have no knowledge of Crush Step 3 and its contents.
Your plan has potential for success and failure as well. I am more in favor of using UW than Crush. I would consider seriously considering QBank vs UW as well, though both are good (whereas FA is good and, in my opinion, Crush is not).