Advice needed on picking a throwaway school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neuro244

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need some suggestions for listing a throwaway school for the purposes of having my AACOMAS application verified. I already took the MCAT last year, bombed it despite studying a ridiculous amount of hours (488 total score). I'm looking to retake the MCAT this August but in the meantime need a school to list so my application can get verified. Once it gets verified, I am then going to add schools to my application that I actually do want to attend depending on what my MCAT score is. Any suggestions/tips? By the way, just to confirm, I wouldn't be considered as a reapplicant to the schools I actually want to apply to once I apply to them after getting my MCAT score right? I would only be considered a reapplicant at schools I have already applied to in the past right (in this situation, the throwaway school for verification purposes)?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

A couple options, most obvious, pick a school you would never go to because of location or how new it is etc. Second option is to register for your MCAT and apply to school that will place your app on hold till new scores are released (WVSOM, ICOM, Campbell are couple I can think of off top of my head, I know there are several). Third Option: wait to apply till new score is in. I submitted AACOMAS in August took two days to get verified.

A couple options, most obvious, pick a school you would never go to because of location or how new it is etc. Second option is to register for your MCAT and apply to school that will place your app on hold till new scores are released (WVSOM, ICOM, Campbell are couple I can think of off top of my head, I know there are several). Third Option: wait to apply till new score is in. I submitted AACOMAS in August took two days to get verified.
If I go w/the second option and they place my app on hold, will it still be verified through AACOMAS? I would rather submit it now so it can get processed and verified vs waiting till I get my score. I'm also applying for a fee waiver, so the longer I wait the worse it is.

If I go w/the second option and they place my app on hold, will it still be verified through AACOMAS? I would rather submit it now so it can get processed and verified vs waiting till I get my score. I'm also applying for a fee waiver, so the longer I wait the worse it is.

Yes verified through AACOMAS, they send app to school and then school sends you an email they are waiting to look at your app till new MCAT is released.