Advice Needed - Esp from Drexel folks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PinguPinktu

oink oink!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, so I got accepted for transfer, but I didn't have Immunology in my first yr classes; it is one of our 2nd yr classes.... :sleep::sleep:

But at Drexel, immunology is taught during the 1st yr, I was told by the dean from their previous exp with students who didn't hv immunology, 2nd yr Microbiology is going to be a killer... ...:eek::eek::eek:

If I take up the transfer offer I will have to self-study immunolog with the notes and powerpoint posted online, I was told. But I already made research committment till 15 June, and will be traveling overseas for family biz from 17 July to 30. Obviously time is scarce here... :scared::eek::scared:

really confused abt what I shld do now, and would self-study for immune even work too well during this short period of time? I mean I thought immuology is supposedly a pretty heavy section... I would appreciate some Drexel folks and others give me some advice/insight on the class and situation. Thanks in advance for your help! :laugh::laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Immuno is pretty intense. Depending on your style of learning and that you wouldn't be juggling time with other classes, I guess it is within the realm of possibility to get this done. I'm definitely glad I'm not you, but theoretically it can happen.

On the bright side, Dr. Larson has plenty of practice questions/quizzes available on the website, so you'd be able to gauge your progress pretty well as you worked.

Good luck, and welcome to the class if you go through with the transfer.

I'm not at Drexel, but I'm just curious. My school does micro first year and immuno second year. What in immuno is necessary for micro that you can't learn while taking micro? Maybe our school teaches it differently.

Members don't see this ad :)
simple solution,

STUDY ON YOUR OWN

you dont need to sit in a class to learn. learning will come from you pushing hard nad studying. study your ass off knowing that if you dont you fail in micro. that is motivation enough for me.

simple solution,

STUDY ON YOUR OWN

you dont need to sit in a class to learn. learning will come from you pushing hard nad studying. study your ass off knowing that if you dont you fail in micro. that is motivation enough for me.

:poke: ....... motivation is not the issue here, so is not wether I am sitting in class. Study on my own? Sure :D but there s this constraint of time. I need a realistic picture of how feasible is my schedule at its current state can accomodate immunology before switching boat. dont wish later find my self struggling academically and shut myself out from all competitive residencies. I am doing well at my current school, I dont wish to flush all my previous efforts down the toilet too :laugh:

shld just ask if there could be a conditional deferral of my acceptance to their 3rd yr class :love: (like contigent upon good grades and USMLE Step 1 scores etc). Maybe in my dream lol :eek::D

Last edited:
Also, can an admin move this back to the general thread? It is not a sole issue on one class, but a discussion on the best approach to the overall situation regarding transfer, classes, and summer schedule etc. Thank you!