Advice/help for getting into BGU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calone

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi people.
I am 28 yrs old Canadian who is very interested in getting into BGU for 08 year, and was wondering if people could offer me some advice on how to improve my chances of getting in. I am preparing for my application right now, and am planning to submit it by November, at least.
Here is what my application will look like:

- Undergrad gpa: around 3.28 or so, the last year of which is around 3.54.
- Will finish my M.Sc in neuroscience by the end of December.
- The grades in four graduate courses were 84,83,78,75, and the thesis will be graded in Dec.
- First MCAT was ps 7 vb 8 bs 9 and M.
- I rewrote MCAT last month and am waiting for the result, hopefully they are better than the first but can't really predict.
- I don't have any health-related international experience. I just didn't have time to do any volunteering work overseas after I found that this is what I wanted to do with my life after my undergrad. I do have some international experiences in general. I studied in Japan for a year on a student exchange program, for example, and have volunteered in a social-welfare facility in Korea (7 years ago..).
- My clinical experiences include volunteering at a couple of local hospitals for a total of little more than two years.

Do you think I have a reasonable chance of getting in?
What can I do to improve my chances? (on things that I can do now such as what to emphasize on my application, what to say during interview....)
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview with BGU and my stats are close on the MCAT; I'm a little higher on the undergrad GPA.

One thing you should have done is apply early. I don't think now would be considered early. From what I have been told (and did) was to stress your passion for international medicine. Expound on the overseas experience you have and why you want to attend BGU.

If you want to know what to say in the interview and what type of questions they ask there is a section on SDN that gives interview feedback - go there and look and it will tell you everything you need to know.

They say the interviews are really stress free and they make you feel at home.

How did you hear back from them via email or snail mail? And how long did it take you to hear from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your reply reaton. Have you had your interview yet?
If so, how did it go?