Advice from all those who got in

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyedream82

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I got a question for all the ones who went through the application process and had successfully gotten in a school.

Suppose a school takes your OAT scores up until February date and you are applying very early to that school (like in August)....After reviewing your application, they tell you to retake the OAT again in October to "make yourself a competitive applicant" OK, so you did that...but only this time the October score still don't make you a "competitive candidate." My question is: will they immediately turn you down right there (after that October score) and say try again next year or will they say wait and take it again in February and then we can talk again? In other word, will they give you a chance to take it again the February date or will they immediately send you a rejection letter?

:rolleyes: Faith

Members don't see this ad.

I think in that situation it would matter how many spots the school had left to fill. If the class was still "open", I'm guessing your file would be left active until your new scores came in -- then you'd be re-evaluated.

Do you really want to become an optometrist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Reality check
Do you really want to become an optometrist?

Are you REALLY going to try to corrupt and trouble the young minds as well?

Oh, you're no stranger buddy. I've seen enough of what you wrote on past forums, sounds like you're only in it for the $$ anyway. Otherwise, you wouldn't compare yourself with those ophthalmologists. I mean "Reality Check" here eh?

Need I remind you: the forums I posted here are for my questions on certain topics. It is ignorant and thereby unappreciative if you try to answer a question that wasn't asked for in the first place alright? Need I say more?

- Faith

Originally posted by eyedream82
Are you REALLY going to try to corrupt and trouble the young minds as well?

Oh, you're no stranger buddy. I've seen enough of what you wrote on past forums, sounds like you're only in it for the $$ anyway. Otherwise, you wouldn't compare yourself with those ophthalmologists. I mean "Reality Check" here eh?

Need I remind you: the forums I posted here are for my questions on certain topics. It is ignorant and thereby unappreciative if you try to answer a question that wasn't asked for in the first place alright? Need I say more?

- Faith

The genuine belief that you made the wrong career choice should not prohibit you from posting on this forum. I enjoy RC's posts, and contrary to what many people think, I believe they serve a purpose. However, you're right that s/he needs to stick to the topic of the thread.

Thank you MPS.
Eyedream82- oh yea I'm really in it for the money. $70,000 to $130,000 plus or minus a year gross will make me really wealthy. I compare myself with ophthalmologists not because of money but because of there broader spectrum of providing total eye care to the public. Medical Surgical and optical.
Your reading comprehesion skills are poor.
You will be among one of the few appicants who apply to Optometry school and get rejected in this era.

PS- when the admissions committee tells you to retake the OAT to become a competitive candidate that in itself is not good from the start. The OAT should be taken once. You are obviously a marginally poor candidate that needs to strengthen your application.
Apply to private Optometry schools that need to fill there seats and pay there $25,000 a year tuition plus living expenses and you'll be alright.

Well well,

Let's let the admissions committee decide in that case eh? But if you're dying to know and I love to brag, 2 invitations for an interview so far isn't too shabby huh? Meanwhile, stick to your daily job though, you know the one you hate doing?

See, you're almost getting into the swing of things here, but still haven't answer my question though...I didn't ask whether i would get in or not, DID I? You're kind of slow, so we'll work on that one though...in the meantime, I think you should go back to MedSchool if you so desire to become an ophthalmologist. Instead of wasting your time all day long trying to plant doubts in the young minds about optometry, you can actually go get a degree (or get help rather). I mean, really..

Did I hurt your feelings?
Your money. Your life. Your career decision.
Good Luck.

*sigh* I rest my case. I don't know why i wasted my time. Reality Check, you're like a disease...

Originally posted by eyedream82
*sigh* I rest my case. I don't know why i wasted my time. Reality Check, you're like a disease...

:laugh:

I hurt your feelings didn't I? Suck it up and be strong. Your feelings will be hurt tenfold during your four year course in Optometry School. That's if you ever get in.
consider becoming an ophthalmic technician. It's more along your work field and competence.

RC sweetie,
We don't need to fill our seats at ICO. Last year we had over 700 applicants for our 160 seats.

UP WITH O PTOMETRY!!!!

Luv,
Eyegirl.

(Here come the accusations that I'm immature, ignorant, etc.....brace yourselves everyone).

Is that what they tell you at ICO? Over 700 applicants for 160 seats? I am very impressed. Did they tell you the starting salary when you graduate is in the vicinity of $119,000 a year ? If not, the American Optometric Association and all the journal publications will.
I have a bridge to sell you in Chicago. Would you like to heaer about it?

Don't be so naive.
They LOVE your money.
160 seats huh?
Think about it.

See what I mean:) Hehehe. It's like a sport:)