Advice for what to do before reapply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FroYoOreo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got waitlisted on two MD programs this cycle, and I don't expect the waitlist will have much movement. So I believe it is wise to move on and think about what to do before reapply.

I am a biomedical engineer and psychology double major, finished MS in biomedical engineer this year. Interested in neuroscience and psychology. I am thinking about getting a job as a clinical study coordinator, since my application is short on the clinical exposure aspect (Also I did not have shadowing experience, would that be a big no-no?).

Also I am thinking about applying to clinical psychology phD program too, when I reapply for MD, so that if I don't get into MD I can still get a job in related area. So I guess being a research assistant in a psychology/neuroscience lab also works for me?

Any advice, or any other job option?
help is much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

I got waitlisted on two MD programs this cycle, and I don't expect the waitlist will have much movement. So I believe it is wise to move on and think about what to do before reapply.

I am a biomedical engineer and psychology double major, finished MS in biomedical engineer this year. Interested in neuroscience and psychology. I am thinking about getting a job as a clinical study coordinator, since my application is short on the clinical exposure aspect (Also I did not have shadowing experience, would that be a big no-no?).

Also I am thinking about applying to clinical psychology phD program too, when I reapply for MD, so that if I don't get into MD I can still get a job in related area. So I guess being a research assistant in a psychology/neuroscience lab also works for me?

Any advice, or any other job option?
help is much appreciated
I was a RA in a clinical psych lab so I am familiar with the field.
It requires taking the GRE and doing really well-and networking can be huge and really important. There is some overlap between psych and MD program pre-preparation but it is not all the same. Unless you have really good research and independent project(s) it may not be a good idea to immediately apply for psych. Working as a coordinator is good but try to get some research projects that you do independently, analyze the data, etc.