Advice/Chances for 2010 Applicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocPayne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

So i'm applying to DPT programs in the fall for the 2010 year. I will be a senior undergrad and wondering about anything i can do last minute to improve my chances. I'm taking the GRE for the first time in august and may take it again if my scores are low. My Overall GPA is 3.64 and pre-req GPA is probably 3.5-3.6 (Biology Major) . I will have about 250 observation hours in 3-4 settings. I have some extracurricular groups as well. Are these stats good enough for Duke or Virginia commonwealth Univ? Any thing last minute i can do to help my chances?

Chris

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like you have everything set! Do well on the GRE and you will be just fine.

GPA looks and observation hours look solid. As previously stated do well on the GRE (>1200) and get some good letters of rec and you should be able to get in or high on the waitlist at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey DocPayne,

You should be good. It seems like everything is in place and your on the right track. Just keep your head up for the GRE and buckle down studying for it. Your chances are pretty high of getting accepted somewhere.

Just wondering if anyone would be willing to evaluate my chances at admissions? I'm going to be applying this fall.

Major: Biology
Minor: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.7
pre-req GPA: 3.5
GRE:
570 V 620 Q 5 A

extra curricular: social sorority website chair and event planner, tri beta biology honor society website chair, psi chi psychology honor society, order of omega greek honor society, chemistry tutor, english tutor, mental health awareness society treasurer.

experience:
30 hours inpatient, 30 hours geriatric, over 100 hours as a paid PT aide.

planning to apply to:
UIC, Wash U, Emory, UW-Madison, Rosalind Franklin, OSU and others.

--what do you think my chances are of admissions? anything else i should be doing to boost my stats?:confused:

I might as well post my stats too.

I have to B.S. in Exercise Science and plan to apply to PT schools this fall. My overall GPA is 3.05 and science GPA is about the same. I got a 1140 on the GRE. I plan on volunteering in a inpatient facility (100 hours planned) and a outpatient clinic. I also plan on getting a paid job as a PT aide hopefully full time. What do my chances look like? I plan on applying to schools in the New York area such as Touro and NYIT. Thanks.

still wondering on my stats. wanted to bump the thread. :)

Your stats look pretty good. Look at the first thread and compare your stats with others who have posted and see where they got into. Obviously, every year will be different because the applicant pool is not the same. Considering, PTCAS is now in full effect there will be more competition, but besides all those factors your stats seem solid. More than average GPA, GRE, experience... I think you just need solid letters of req and you should be set. BTW, I was in Tri-Beta back in college and my gf was in Psi Chi :)

what about me? lol

I have similar stats to you, and I feel that I'm going to need to apply to a bunch of schools because my GPA (3.1) and GRE (1120) are good but not stellar. Since I didn't study for the GRE I'm planning on taking it again to improve my chances.